Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 05:32 PM

Poor little mite

She was spotted trembling in the rain, an adorable puppy all the more vulnerable because of a skin condition which means she doesn’t have a single hair on her body.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/bald-puppy-...in-floods.html

Adorable Splash was abandoned in torrential rain.

Cruelly abandoned by her owner, the young Staffordshire cross was found wandering the streets of Leeds during the worst of Yorkshire’s torrential rain last Friday.

It was a concerned passer-by who saw her suffering and alerted the Dogs Trust.

Splash has a skin condition which has left her mostly bald.Now being sheltered by the animal charity, staff have fallen in love with the 12-week-old puppy and have named her Splash.

Amanda Sands, Dogs Trust Leeds manager, said: “Poor Splash endured an awful day when she was found on Friday. The rain had been relentless and spending all day out in it is unimaginable.

“Although Splash’s chronic skin condition isn’t infectious, it does means that she experiences itching and pain but she is starting to make leaps and bounds now that she is receiving the vet treatment she needs and the love and attention she deserves.”

The Dogs Trust is now calling for potential new owners to provide Splash with a happy home. She would need regular checkups because of her skin condition, known as demodectic mange.

“Splash needs an owner who can provide her with the tender loving care she has missed out on,” said Ms Sands said. “She is very loving and affectionate and would make a wonderful friend for someone.”
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 05:45 PM

Re: Poor little mite

Yes, poor little mite is right Marian. Just look at her little face. I am sure someone will give her a home and lots of love. I just wish all abandoned dogs could all be rescued. Shame on the owners.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 05:46 PM

Cruel people. Someone surely will recognise the pup..there can't be that many hairless pups in that district.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 06:03 PM

Yes I'm sure somebody will give her a home especially if its in all the local papers and she'll be much better off for it I'm sure.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 06:06 PM

Poor little soul , look at that trusting little face
I hope she finds someone to love her..
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 06:30 PM

This sort of thing makes me so Blooming Angry, I'd like to do the same to the Sod that chucked the Wee Soul out.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 06:53 PM

Poor little girl, she still looks cute.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 06:58 PM

Some people must be completely heartless
Maver-rik
London. England
Maver-rik is female  Maver-rik has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 08:59 PM

Poor little love, I do hope she finds a loving home soon.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 09:01 PM

Why on earth do people not learn about an animal and how to look after it before jumping in with both feet and then abandoning it after a such a short time

Poor little thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top