Join for free
Page 21 of 22 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 05:56 AM

Re: Vitamin D Defficiency and Mobility Issues in Old People

Originally Posted by galty ->
Great post.

Had B12 vits prescribed 6 years ago and then stop taking them because my B12 was back to normal

One thing will say is after 65 have a blood test ever 6 months.
I agree with you Galty, I have at least one blood test every year, it tells your doctor so much about how your body is working!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 06:08 AM

If you can get an appointment to get it done, still waiting since July to get an appointment for my diabetic check. No appointments available. Flu jab yes they are running a clinic no there aren't any appointments available.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree with you Galty, I have at least one blood test every year, it tells your doctor so much about how your body is working!
Its so simple.

Go to my Doctors and ask the lovely girl that I need a blood test she presses a button on her Comp and it prints out a form which I take to my local Health centre and get the test done.

Simples
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 11:03 AM

I'm relieved my blood test didn't show up any inflammation .
I was worrying that my symptoms could be signalling I was suffering from Polymalgia Rheumatica for which there is no treatment other than steroids.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I'm relieved my blood test didn't show up any inflammation .
I was worrying that my symptoms could be signalling I was suffering from Polymalgia Rheumatica for which there is no treatment other than steroids.
I understand what you mean. At least with vitamin deficiencies the problems can be easily cured with supplements, that do no other harm!
I hope you are fully recovered soon>
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 11:17 AM

Reading up on this vitamin D deficiencyhttps://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2016121910893 ,like the authors here I'm not convinced https://www.pharmacist.com/article/v...eally-pandemic

https://www.vitamindcouncil.org/are-.../#.XXTVbWV4WK2
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

08-09-2019, 11:59 AM

Reading up on this vitamin D deficiencyhttps://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2016121910893 ,like the authors here I'm not convinced https://www.pharmacist.com/article/v...eally-pandemic

https://www.vitamindcouncil.org/are-.../#.XXTVbWV4WK2
Personally I think that if you believe everything you read on the internet you are bound to be uncertain! Most sites tell the story that helps them make the most money...so they all tell a different tale!
Details, on the link I gave you, seemed to fit with what my doctor told me & I thought you would find it useful, but all healthcare should be a personal choice!
I am not sure what you are not convinced about, but we are all individuals so maybe you should ask your doctor if you are in doubt!
Zuleika
North West UK

08-09-2019, 01:43 PM

Twink re asking a GP of which there are six in.my practice that would also be a personal opinion if I did just that ?
I tend to go along with experts in their field as mentioned in the links .

I understand that those of a darker skin colour including children , those covered up and maybe other categories probably need to but not everyone needs to be taking high amounts of supplements .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

08-09-2019, 02:07 PM

Twink re asking a GP of which there are six in.my practice that would also be a personal opinion if I did just that ?
I tend to go along with experts in their field as mentioned in the links .

I understand that those of a darker skin colour including children , those covered up and maybe other categories probably need to but not everyone needs to be taking high amounts of supplements .

Like I said, it is your choice, but after suffering pain for 8 years, I now feel a different person. If your Vitamin D levels are low, surely that isn't a doctors opinion, it is the result of a blood test!
All the doctors at my practice believe that it is good to take vit D supplements in the winter, but if your blood tests are low at the end of the summer you can more easily break bones....It took 10 months to heal my broken wrist, which started last September !
It is up to you, but I would much prefer to discuss things with my doctor, who knows me, rather than listen to somebody on the internet that I have never met.
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If you can get an appointment to get it done, still waiting since July to get an appointment for my diabetic check. No appointments available. Flu jab yes they are running a clinic no there aren't any appointments available.
That is disgraceful. Could your MP help? My DiL is type two and has no problem getting checks. NE England.

Page 21 of 22 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top