Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 11:02 PM

Re: Hello!

Welcome to Glanny from "Norn Iron" from Keezoy in "Straya" Waving from the blazing, smoky city.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 01:44 PM

Hiya Glanny I know you from somewhere else don't I?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I live in Batley Bes, Doncaster not that far really. Do you like Doncaster? Are you glad you moved.
Yes, I know Batley. Travelled quite a lot on business.
And yes, we like it here. Friendly bunch of neighbours. But this the NI lady's thread.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
Who is the Grumpy Scotsman?!
Me, myself and I!

My job took me all over including Belfast. One time in the 1970s it was a visit to a steel mill. I had in my carry on a 5 litre can of transformer oil. I thought that would get confiscated for sure. I explained that it Dow Corning 561.
High Thermal Oxidation Resistance. Low Toxicity. High Flash Point. Highlights: High Dielectric Strength Fluid, High Thermal Oxidation Resistance, Chemically Inert. It went through without them even looking at it.

You would have thought with all the security..................................
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Yes, I know Batley. Travelled quite a lot on business.
And yes, we like it here. Friendly bunch of neighbours. But this the NI lady's thread.
Oooops sorry Glanny
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Hiya Glanny I know you from somewhere else don't I?

Yes indeed!

No worries peeps re hijacking, used to that where we come from!
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Me, myself and I!

My job took me all over including Belfast. One time in the 1970s it was a visit to a steel mill. I had in my carry on a 5 litre can of transformer oil. I thought that would get confiscated for sure. I explained that it Dow Corning 561.
High Thermal Oxidation Resistance. Low Toxicity. High Flash Point. Highlights: High Dielectric Strength Fluid, High Thermal Oxidation Resistance, Chemically Inert. It went through without them even looking at it.

You would have thought with all the security..................................

Interesting! Sirocco Works?
I worked in a large iron foundry in Belfast in the 70's (in the canteen) it was quite hairy at times...
Glanny
N.Ireland

09-12-2019, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Welcome to Glanny from "Norn Iron" from Keezoy in "Straya" Waving from the blazing, smoky city.

Hi Keezoy! Have to read your posts with a Strine accent!
Hopefully you're nowhere near the fires...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top