Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 08:20 AM

Chinese Police Cars in Australia

It is illegal to imitate an Australian Police car but apparently it is not illegal to imitate a foreign police car

A diplomatic war of words has emerged between the American and Chinese embassies in Canberra, amid claims Beijing is harassing Uyghur minority people living in Australia.

Uyghurs and other mostly Muslim minorities have been subject to a wide-ranging security crackdown in China's far-western Xinjiang region, where it is believed more than a million people have been rounded up and put in detention camps.

In an interview with ABC News Breakfast last Thursday, US ambassador Arthur B Culvahouse Jr said China was monitoring and intimidating Uyghurs living in Australia, and that this involved the use of fake Chinese police cars.

"Uyghurs who are lawfully in Australia, who are raised in Australia, working, paying taxes in Australia, are being harassed by agents of a foreign power," he said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-...-cars/11802578
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 09:00 AM

Re: Chinese Police Cars in Australia

There you have it the far reaching tentacles of Chinese expansionism/control .
I have put a thread on it in the political section .
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 09:20 AM

Taking the power and politics out of this, there is someone in this rural area of the UK who gets something out of riding around in an American police car.

It's exactly as a US police car would be in the paintwork and signs so quite authentic-looking. I doubt somehow though that either sirens or emergency vehicle flashing lights would be tolerated for long by our police!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 11:21 AM

We should all be worried about China, very worried.

from link: What do Uyghurs say?
Uyghurs in Australia and around the world have previously reported receiving threats, apparently in response to their activism against China's policies in Xinjiang.

In some cases this has involved family members in Xinjiang, who they believed to be in detention, suddenly calling their overseas relative to ask them to stop campaigning.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It is illegal to imitate an Australian Police car but apparently it is not illegal to imitate a foreign police car

A diplomatic war of words has emerged between the American and Chinese embassies in Canberra, amid claims Beijing is harassing Uyghur minority people living in Australia.

Uyghurs and other mostly Muslim minorities have been subject to a wide-ranging security crackdown in China's far-western Xinjiang region, where it is believed more than a million people have been rounded up and put in detention camps.

In an interview with ABC News Breakfast last Thursday, US ambassador Arthur B Culvahouse Jr said China was monitoring and intimidating Uyghurs living in Australia, and that this involved the use of fake Chinese police cars.

"Uyghurs who are lawfully in Australia, who are raised in Australia, working, paying taxes in Australia, are being harassed by agents of a foreign power," he said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-...-cars/11802578

Looks like its an australian copy of a chinese copy of a BMW
to me Brucy! What do you think?
Donkeyman!
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Taking the power and politics out of this, there is someone in this rural area of the UK who gets something out of riding around in an American police car.

It's exactly as a US police car would be in the paintwork and signs so quite authentic-looking. I doubt somehow though that either sirens or emergency vehicle flashing lights would be tolerated for long by our police!

I photographed this in a supermarket car park in Fife in October. It doesn't just look like an American police car, it is a real imported ex NYPD car with full interior.

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 09:50 PM

Here's the real thing in Shanghai

The fake version in Adelaide

keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 11:01 PM

You all might like to look at "The Silent Invasion" by Clive Hamilton. This is no sensationalist penny dreadful. Hamilton is a professor of public ethics at Charles Sturt University, Canberra. It is an excellently researched and written book. It is essential reading for anybody who is concerned about the extent of the reach of the Chinese Regime not only in Australia but the World. It is balanced and fair. It delineates very clearly between the Chinese as a people and the current repressive regime. Anybody who plays the race card in talking down what is happening is missing the point entirely. These "Chinese" police cars, in my opinion, are only half a joke. Maybe they are a two pronged sword if you get my meaning. They are designed to both intimidate gullible and scared Chinese people and also to accuse anybody who takes them seriously as stupid or irrational. I mean seriously. What the hell would a real Chinese police car be doing in Adelaide?!.. As for the NYPD version, that's much less convincing. It's too shiny and clean. Real NYPD cars often look like they are in sore need of a good wash and detail at the very least. When I was in NYC I saw blue and whites that were filthy; with bald tyres, cracked and broken warning lights, broken mirrors, scratches and dents and one even with a dead tail light. Not sure about the UK. The police cars all looked pretty smart when I was there. But here if a police car isn't immaculate or looks in any way non official, it's off the road in a blink. So I don't know what's gone wrong in Adelaide. They usually pride themselves on being higher on the evolutionary scale than the rest of us. Tongue in cheek of course.( But off topic. Sorry)
Isa49
New Zealand
Isa49 is female  Isa49 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 11:15 PM

That'sthe price we pay for trade/immigration deals with China, it was predicted. This is just the start of it.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Isa49 ->
That'sthe price we pay for trade/immigration deals with China, it was predicted. This is just the start of it.
Yes Isa, 100% correct. THose are the exact words that Hamilton uses. The price we pay. They use overt bullying tactics such as just taking land in the Pacific that have no right to and telling the world.."Well we're here now..You didn't stop us. So now this island is part of China." Then they parade their navy around telling ships in international waters to bugger off. So the overt intimidation goes hand in hand with the other covert sneaky stuff of Chinese state controlled operatives infiltrating businesses, state and federal political parties, entertainment and gambling empires, educational institutions and illegal property acquisition deals, community organisations and local councils and even the military. If anybody complains or protests they are labelled "racist" and "anti- Chinese" Funny because many Chinese people call this out as well. But then they suddenly shut up or just disappear. Funny that? NOT!..The world damned world knows what the Chinese regime is up to, IT's no secret. And it's no lie. It's as obvious as The massive ring of fire that is circling Sydney as I write. And just as dangerous. And I hope some brainwashed robot from that regime is reading this and furiously jotting down my details trying desperately to prove him or herself as a faithful servant of the regime. I can just see it. Effing pathetic.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top