Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 08:49 PM

pool tragedy in Costa Del Sol

I am very surprised no one has started a thread on this subject already but as I can't find one I thought I would start one and ask what your views are on this.

I find it very strange indeed that 3 members of the same family would drown in a pool and to me there are very suspicious circumstances. The authorities are claiming nothing is wrong with the pool but in my mind something HAS to be very wrong there.

I'm desperately sorry for the wife and mother of the deceased and to think that they would have to deal with a cover up besides what they are going through is just horrendous.

I pray that the family get answers to the reason they have suffered such tragedy.

I keep crying thinking of that poor woman and he remaining child. What a nightmare and horrible thing to happen to a family.

I hope they can find strength to fight this and find out why this happened.

I will be keeping this family in my prayers for sure.

God rest their beautiful souls.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 08:57 PM

Re: pool tragedy in Costa Del Sol

I read that a staff member of the hotel got into the pool with them . I have a horrible feeling the pumps pulled the child in as her swim cap was found in the pump . I have a horrible feeling it sucked the three into it with such force. God knows how . My mind may be working overtime but it's awful awful awful . The poor mother.

So tragic
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I read that a staff member of the hotel got into the pool with them . I have a horrible feeling the pumps pulled the child in as her swim cap was found in the pump . I have a horrible feeling it sucked the three into it with such force. God knows how . My mind may be working overtime but it's awful awful awful . The poor mother.

So tragic
I don't think your mind is working overtime Susan, it makes perfect sense, in fact it is the only thing I can think that happened. The force must have been tremendous. Obviously I'm speculating but it does make sense to me.
It surely is just awful xxx
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 09:13 PM

It's so tragic. I do hope it was just an accident because of poor equipment and zero safety. No lifeguard on duty for a start. But it would be truly terrible if this was deliberate. What a cheek to say they could not swim. I hope the mother gets the justice she deserves, although of course that won't bring them back.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I don't think your mind is working overtime Susan, it makes perfect sense, in fact it is the only thing I can think that happened. The force must have been tremendous. Obviously I'm speculating but it does make sense to me.
It surely is just awful xxx
i will just wait until the official verdict, but I have to ask myself why were they the only ones using the pool at that time .

Why was there not a life guard on duty
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

28-12-2019, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
i will just wait until the official verdict, but I have to ask myself why were they the only ones using the pool at that time .

Why was there not a life guard on duty
They said it wasn't necessary to have a lifeguard because its a very small pool. Obviously they DID need a lifeguard.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 09:36 PM

typical of one of the problems of holidaying abroad, they don't always adopt our standards. Even on Cruise ships there is always a Life Guard on duty, or at least there has been on all the ships we have been on, there is someone watching out for problems
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 09:52 PM

So tragic
I've been thinking the same. Wasn't there a similar case some years ago? I'm sure there was something, but when I where I can't recall, other than somewhere in Europe.

As for not adopting our safety standards.........isn't there a European standard?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->

As for not adopting our safety standards.........isn't there a European standard?
I think there is. I've seen before that other EU countries don't adhere to the "harmonised" standards.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 12:08 AM

So tragic

We do not know what happened yet, but three healthy people suddenly all dying in the same pool together cannot possibly be coincidence as far as I'm concerned.

I hope someone finds out the truth of this awful event, soon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top