Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 11:24 AM

Re: Iron Bridge

I've been to Ironbridge, it's worth seeing if you're interested in history

Nearby there is Blist's Hill, an open air living history museum - cum - village

I've been to two other similar museums - The Black Country Museum in Dudley, and Beamish, which is probably the best known of these sort of things
Both are worth visiting

Not too far from Ironbridge is Cosford Aircraft Museum, which is excellent, as long as you're interested in aeroplanes
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Great photos, Realspeed. Is the bridge open to the public and, if so, is there still a toll to pay?
You can walk across the bridge for free but of course you have to park somewhere. There is a road surface across the bridge but it is not open to traffic. In the 60's it was almost sold as scrap.
shells68
New Member!
wales uk
shells68 is female 

25-01-2020, 08:32 PM

I went to the Black Country Museum over 15 years ago and they were serving the chips from the window at the front of a house!!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2020, 04:52 PM

And damned good chips they are too. The pub down the road from that chippy in the Museum serves an excellent pint of Banks's mild ale

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top