Join for free
Page 22 of 42 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 11:08 AM

Re: What A Loss (?)

They do pay tax now .
The inheritance tax let up was set up by John Majors government in exchange for the monarchy deigning to pay income tax .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
They do pay tax now .
The inheritance tax let up was set up by John Majors government in exchange for the monarchy deigning to pay income tax .
But a tiny fraction of what they should and would if they were Joe Public which is EXACTLY the way they should be treated.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Yes, accounts do have to be submitted. Plenty of reading on the link below giving details of the official accounts:

https://www.royal.uk/financial-reports-2018-19

Also it would appear there have been times when income has been 'hidden' as it comes from many different sources, according to this link:

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-06-25/...by-lawnmowers/
Thanks for the links Baz!
I am not an accountant, but looking at the basic figures such as
actual earned income , and running expenses plus actual expenses
They run a deficit of about £131 million every year which is increasing
every year?
The actual earnigs are only £18M??
They list the sovriegn grant of£82M as income, but this is really an
expense to the taxpayer!
So if we discount the claims, which cant be proved, that they bring in
billions to the uk? then it seems that we pay a high price for a bit of
pomp! Talking of which brings up the question of the upkeep of
the hundreds of horses and accoutrements etc of the royal horse
guards? Does the army bear these costs?

Regards Donkeyman!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 11:57 PM

I’m not sure if this has already been said but all this about the Sussex’s, has certainly taken the heat off Prince Andrew!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 06:51 PM

Why are so many people making stupid comments .

Some unknown says MM was torn to pieces - a black woman ( like she was poor Patsy in 12 years a slave )

FGS she wasn’t torn to pieces ( just given a fabulous wedding a fabulous house and even a title as well as a millionaire Prince ) and she is as much white as black .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sm-debate.html
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 07:19 PM

I see Meghans sister (or is it step sister?), on the news today, doing her share of stirring again.

None of us are privvy to what really went on between her and her Father to cause their rift, but on the surface, her family all seem a nightmare - except her Mum.
I think they would sell their soul for a bit more mud-slinging publicity.

No wonder Harry is in no hurry to meet his FIL. I'd steer well clear as well.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

17-01-2020, 08:36 PM

I think Harry started the discord by saying ( when Meghan first met the Rf) that they were the family she had never had .
Her family were somewhat annoyed at the implication and went public to say she did in fact have a family .
It’s all such a mess .
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 09:25 PM

I think Harry started the discord by saying ( when Meghan first met the Rf) that they were the family she had never had .
Her family were somewhat annoyed at the implication and went public to say she did in fact have a family .
It’s all such a mess .
IMO the past couple of years have merely emphasised how immature, naive and unworldly-wise Harry is. It's a good job he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, otherwise he wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in h*ll of surviving in the real world.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 12:00 AM

It’s all such a mess .

There must be a whole lot more to it surely, Muddy.

Even IF Harry said that to Meghan, we don't know what she had told him to prompt such a remark. I would like to know why he said it.

It might also shed more light on things if any of us had some idea of what her family life was like before she met Harry. Are we supposed to believe it was all hunky dory until then?

Secondly, again IF he really said that, how on earth would her family know what he had said to her in private, unless someone gossiped to them to stir?

I seem to recall her father sold information to the press about them. Didn't he even just flog Meghan's private letter to him to the press as well?
I wonder how any of us would feel if our father had betrayed us like that?

At the end of the day, we will only ever know what the journalists decide to flog to us, and they haven't exactly got a reputation for being honest, upstanding citizens have they.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 05:15 AM

No insult intended but, for the life of me I can not understand why the people of the U.K. need a monarchy in the first place. And then to be forced to pay for their every little need and desire. It seems to me that the days of having a monarchy are long passed. Seriously, what makes them royal in the 1st place ? Hmm ? Just merely being born ?

Page 22 of 42 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top