Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 04:25 PM

Re: Have You Ever Experienced Impossible Love?

Perhaps, but my lips are sealed.

Aren't all women the objects of impossible love to men? My mother once warned me of that .
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 04:40 PM

I suppose my first wife. It went OK for the first dozen or so years. And three children. Then she went doolaly. Decided to divorce me. My solicitor said the petition was very weak - it was - and that I could defend it. But would you?

I didn't. She has ended up in mental care. She even refuses to see her children. Life moves on. I remarried and my kids love their wicked old stepmother. If they call here, they talk to her, not me.........

But we do get along rather well.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I suppose my first wife. It went OK for the first dozen or so years. And three children. Then she went doolaly. Decided to divorce me. My solicitor said the petition was very weak - it was - and that I could defend it. But would you?

I didn't. She has ended up in mental care. She even refuses to see her children. Life moves on. I remarried and my kids love their wicked old stepmother. If they call here, they talk to her, not me.........

But we do get along rather well.
That's a bittersweet story and one that seems to have ended well for all but your first wife who, it sounds like, has suffered most from her loss. I am happy for you all, and hope that she has found better health and peace.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 06:10 PM

I fancied the pants of a blond bloke who worked at my firm (back in the late 1970s). He knew it, accepted me asking for a dance at the firm's Christmas do (they had an on site social club), and my legs went to jelly every time I went to use the photo copier and he was there.

Years later I was driving behind his car (a black Ford Capri with a Playboy sticker on it) and my legs STILL went to jelly!!!

I often wonder what happened to him, whether he married his GF. (Oh yeah, he was apparently courting at the time.)
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
That's a bittersweet story and one that seems to have ended well for all but your first wife who, it sounds like, has suffered most from her loss. I am happy for you all, and hope that she has found better health and peace.
Thank you SM.
It was not an easy time for all involved. History. It is nearly twenty years since I remarried to my lovely southern belle. We have a pretty nice house, and a big handsome hairy brute who walks us every day.

Yes, we also take a neighbours dog, little Ozzie. A character and he can get into it with other dogs. Max, ours, sets them straight. He has presence and that power of the eye.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 07:38 PM

Deleted
LilyCat
Cheshire
LilyCat is female  LilyCat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 12:35 AM

Yes I can relate to this.
I had a mad passionate love affair 30+ years ago.
It ended very suddenly, and I’ve always felt it was unfinished business, if you can understand that?
There was no closure, and no specific reason.
Of course I moved on, married, had children, but just recently, I’ve thought a lot more about him, and wondered how his life panned out. Maybe it’s an age thing? Maybe I just feel unsettled? I don’t know, but I hope he’s happy wherever he is

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top