Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 11:33 PM

Re: Mods and Rockers

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
There is a Watford Gap by Lichfield, A few Knee Tremblers went on there.
Oh, Spitty. Do tell us about your experiences there.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 11:35 PM

I remember both groups well, but never joined either side. I was me and comfortable in my own ways, looks, and clothes.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 11:40 PM

Rocker. My last bike was my pride and joy.Triumph Bonneville.650 twin Blue.
the mods got all the girls though.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
There is a Watford Gap by Lichfield, A few Knee Tremblers went on there.
Hence the saying 'Mind the gap'
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 11:49 PM

Something I will always remember is the sound of the exhausts of a group of bikers all on powerful bikes, plus also that unmistakable smell of the Castrol R engine oil used in those days. Anyone who had bikes in the days of rockers will probably know exactly what I mean!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Rocker. My last bike was my pride and joy.Triumph Bonneville.650 twin Blue.
the mods got all the girls though.
Psmith, As l mentioned above, l was a Mod. One day, it was pouring with rain and a Rocker friend on his Triumph Bonneville, stopped and offered me a lift. I said, ‘No Thank You’. I mean, l could not chance being seen by my Mod friends, on a Rocker’s motorbike.
Suddenly, the rain became torrential, so l looked one way, then the other to check no Mod friends were about to see me get on the motorbike!
I didn’t know what to do on a motorbike! I didn’t know l had to bend one way, then the other according to the bend! I was a disaster!
I was glad of the lift though!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

15-01-2020, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Something I will always remember is the sound of the exhausts of a group of bikers all on powerful bikes, plus also that unmistakable smell of the Castrol R engine oil used in those days. Anyone who had bikes in the days of rockers will probably know exactly what I mean!
I had a boyfriend a few years ago who had vintage motorbikes and classic cars in his garages.
His favourite was a BSA Goldie, that was totally unreliable. He was a man, that didn’t smile much but when he hit the kickstart on his Goldie and it purred into action, he smiled from ear to ear at the sound of the engine!
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Psmith, As l mentioned above, l was a Mod. One day, it was pouring with rain and a Rocker friend on his Triumph Bonneville, stopped and offered me a lift. I said, ‘No Thank You’. I mean, l could not chance being seen by my Mod friends, on a Rocker’s motorbike.
Suddenly, the rain became torrential, so l looked one way, then the other to check no Mod friends were about to see me get on the motorbike!
I didn’t know what to do on a motorbike! I didn’t know l had to bend one way, then the other according to the bend! I was a disaster!
I was glad of the lift though!
Well I'm really surprised.After the thrill of a bike ride I thought you might have changed allegiance.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I had a boyfriend a few years ago who had vintage motorbikes and classic cars in his garages.
His favourite was a BSA Goldie, that was totally unreliable. He was a man, that didn’t smile much but when he hit the kickstart on his Goldie and it purred into action, he smiled from ear to ear at the sound of the engine!
I know just what you mean, it was me! No, not possible as I used to have Triumphs. The sound of the modern motorcycle is nothing like they used to be though, very quiet by comparison to the old ones, which is a shame really as that really used to be quite something to hear. Something I will never forget anyway.
Psmith
melbourne australia

16-01-2020, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Actually we used the bog standard oil and mixed a bit of R in with the petrol.You got the same smell.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top