Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 12:02 AM

Re: Mods and Rockers

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Well I'm really surprised.After the thrill of a bike ride I thought you might have changed allegiance.
I couldn’t be a girl Rocker! Sorry, to offended anyone who was.. but they were usually a bit... ‘common’ looking....
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 12:11 AM

It's hard to look chic in a leather jacket and jeans.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 12:15 AM

It's hard to look chic in a leather jacket and jeans.
They were usually ‘hard-cases’ too!
They’d give you the ‘evils’ and look you up and down!
You didn’t mess with them, with their black tassel leather studded jackets, black eyes and backcombed hair!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Something I will always remember is the sound of the exhausts of a group of bikers all on powerful bikes, plus also that unmistakable smell of the Castrol R engine oil used in those days. Anyone who had bikes in the days of rockers will probably know exactly what I mean!
Those in the know used a bit of Castrol R in with the petrol for effect or even get cooking oil - it was much cheaper - but not in the sump. Castrol R has great properties for a race but is quite unsuitable for just hacking around. Duckhams was my favourite.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 10:39 AM

Actually we used the bog standard oil and mixed a bit of R in with the petrol.You got the same smell.
Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Those in the know used a bit of Castrol R in with the petrol for effect or even get cooking oil - it was much cheaper - but not in the sump. Castrol R has great properties for a race but is quite unsuitable for just hacking around. Duckhams was my favourite.
Yes, so another poster, (Psmith) commented. I hadn't heard of doing that, the smell of Castrol R though was unmistakable. Duckhams, in the big yellow container if I recall correctly, was used in all my vehicles including cars. Eventually though when my cars were serviced by garages the (expensive) synthetic oils took over.

Does anyone here follow the Isle of Man TT Races? For those who do and are interested there is new dedicated website, well new in that it was launched for the 2018 races:

https://www.iomttraces.com/news/busi...bsite-launched
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Yes, so another poster, (Psmith) commented. I hadn't heard of doing that, the smell of Castrol R though was unmistakable. Duckhams, in the big yellow container if I recall correctly, was used in all my vehicles including cars. Eventually though when my cars were serviced by garages the (expensive) synthetic oils took over.

Does anyone here follow the Isle of Man TT Races? For those who do and are interested there is new dedicated website, well new in that it was launched for the 2018 races:

https://www.iomttraces.com/news/busi...bsite-launched
Duckhams was a bloomin' good oil even if it was green!

Now we use fully synthetic oil in both of our rustbuckets because the conditions extant in modern engines really do call for an oil that does much more than just lubricate a few moving bits.

As for the isle of man races, they should have been ended YEARS ago.

With modern machines the roads on the Island are simply and totally unsuitable. Dry stone walls with crash protection that really is less than useless and twice a year a blood sport leaving deaths and terrible injuries its wake. It's disgusting because apart from the races there's all the Wannabees who turn the roads into death traps and of course the huge prices being charged for everything with the blood money going to a very few people who just happen to be the only ones in a position to end this disgrace.

Bad enough that the horrible place is facilitating tax dodging by evasion and avoidance not to mention off shore on line gambling that is seeing so many people here going into devestation debt because of the ease of spending over their kiddie phones.

If a plug could be found it should be pulled and the whole vile place watched sink under the waves

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top