Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 09:29 PM

F.........Gordon Ramsay

Gordon Ramsay has become a very rich man through his TV series 'Hell's Kitchen'.
If you saw the state of some of these privately owned Restaurants & Kitchens that he is involved in renovating , mainly in America it would make an Angel swear. Although Ramsay over does the swearing.

Filthy Store Rooms and filthy Fridges never been cleaned in years, with moldy bad food they owners are actually preparing to sell to the public.

I though they had to be licensed

Do the USA Health Departments ever inspect these eating places? I though that annual inspection was compulsory.
Of course their are also similar ones in UK too.

if you saw some of the kitchens in the Best Hotels, World- Wide, it would make your Hair curl.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 09:44 PM

Re: F.........Gordon Ramsay

Have you ever read "Down and out in Paris and London" ? The Paris bit is about working in the restaurant kitchens of the city in the 30's. Nothing seems to have changed.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 10:16 PM

Gordon Ramsay has made a lot of money. But it doesn't make him special in any way. Either he is a really good actor and "out of character" he's just a regular nice guy. Like Jason Isaacs ( Lucius Malfoy) or Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal Lecter), or..he really is genuinely bi-polar and needs meds; if he does take some they're not working, or he is the monumental bully he comes across as. It doesn't surprise me that his kitchens are as foul as him. However. He did do some token volunteering work packing food for the Red Cross in Melbourne recently while promoting his latest book and paving the way to opening restaurants there and in Sydney. Hmm..the jury is till out on the motivation for that. But I'll try no to be too cynical.But I tell you he better keep his kitchens in order here. A significant percentage of our economy depends on tourism and top class places to eat. And hygiene is enforced by commando units.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 10:30 PM

Hi

Food Hygiene in the USA is generally better than here in the UK.

An example

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2020-...dirty-kitchen/

Inspectors there have more powers than those here.

Hospital kitchens here were disgusting, covered by Crown Immunity, it took years to get this removed.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 11:04 PM

We know someone who works for rentokill, we ask him where the best places to eat are...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 11:21 PM

In the early 60s I was training with GPO Telephones in Folkestone. We had a job in the best hotel called the Metropole (I think it is now apartments). This was in the days when Folkestone was still a holiday destination

It was built in Victorian times I think and the kitchen in the basement was enormous and very busy but it was filthy, running a cable dislodged handfuls of grease and dirt but no one took a blind bit of notice other than to scoop the dirt onto the floor when it fell on food preparation tables. It was a rude awakening for me as a 16 year old.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Gordon Ramsay has become a very rich man through his TV series 'Hell's Kitchen'.
If you saw the state of some of these Restaurants Kitchens that he is involved in, mainly in America it would make an Angel swear. Although Ramsay over does the swearing.

Filthy Store Rooms and filthy Fridges never been cleaned in years, with moldy bad food they owners are actually preparing to sell to the public.

I though they had to be licensed

Do the USA Health Departments ever inspect these eating places? I though that annual inspection was compulsory.
Of course their are also similar ones in UK too.

if you saw some of the kitchens in the Best Hotels, World- Wide, it would make your Hair curl.
365 days is a long time in culinary preparation, lots can happen.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 11:58 PM

we had to keep our kennel and cattery kitchens clean, dry dog food kept in dustbins under work surface in kennel kitchen meat meat in chest freezers. We had regular check as Phil the environmental turned up for a cuppa and a quick look around.
Not mop readily available. ceiling not finished with plaster skim at the time. Phone on wall so calls can be answered and not missed

bowls ready to give out then cleaned under hot tap as one would do dishes
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 12:11 AM

Hi, Azure. Yes, restaurants and anyplace that serves food (churches, sportsplexes, corporate offices, etc.) have to be inspected regularly. The results are usually posted in the newspaper, news channels, and social media these days. Most places receive warnings and have a chance to make corrections, but a bad report can be the death knell for a business. There seems o be a trend that Chinese and Indian restaurants consistently commit the greatest number of violations.

I've found that the best reviews of a kitchen come from the local kids who work in them. They will tell you outright whether to dine somewhere or stay away.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 12:20 AM

I can't stand Gordon Ramsey.
He is just a foul-mouthed git to me.
If he can't find any other way to express himself, I'm not interested in anything he has to say.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top