Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 06:59 PM

Trump may soon have to answer to E. Jean Carroll rape allegations

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ions-oath.html

• E. Jean Carroll filed a defamation lawsuit against Donald Trump in 2019
  • The suit alleges that Trump defamed Carroll when he denied her accusation that he raped her in a Bergdorf Goodman dressing room in 1996
  • Carroll's lawyers are now seeking to depose Trump in the lawsuit
  • 'I am living for the moment to walk into that room to sit across the table from him,' Carroll told Reuters in an interview this week. 'I think of it everyday'
  • Trump sought help from the Justice Department to delay the case while he was president
  • Now that Trump's no longer in office Carroll hopes the deposition will come this year

Carroll, 77, a former Elle magazine columnist, seeks unspecified damages in her lawsuit and a retraction of Trump's statements.

It is one of two defamation cases involving sexual misconduct allegations against Trump that could move forward faster now that he has left the presidency.
While in office, Trump's lawyers delayed the case in part by arguing that the pressing duties of his office made responding to civil lawsuits impossible.

'The only barrier to proceeding with the civil suits was that he's the president,' said Jennifer Rodgers, a former federal prosecutor and now an adjunct professor of clinical law at the New York University School of Law.

'I think there will be a sense among the judges that it's time to get a move on in these cases,' said Roberta Kaplan, Carroll's attorney. *

An attorney for Trump and another representative of the former president did not respond to requests for comment.
* Indeed ..... time for a reckoning .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 07:20 PM

Re: Trump may soon have to answer to E. Jean Carroll rape allegations

Originally Posted by Omah ->
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ions-oath.html

* Indeed ..... time for a reckoning .....
Yawn. Really. More Democratic BS more than likely.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 07:53 PM

Trump.It's so nice not to see his stupid face everywhere.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
MUCH rather see him than Greasy Joe Biden and his horrid lot.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 11:19 PM

I'd rather not see or hear from either of them.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 12:05 AM

At least he had integrity. What came out of his mouth was consistent with that face.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
MUCH rather see him than Greasy Joe Biden and his horrid lot.

I don't usually bite at your comments Art. No point. Even less with the "other bloke". (I bet he thinks that is about him.) But sometimes I just can't help myself mate. Joe Biden and his horrid lot??!..How many people here do you think you could convince that Trump's "Lot" are any less horrid. I hope you're not including his "army"...Men in buffalo hats and war paint with assault rifles smashing the congress and threatening to kill the speaker??..sheeeeesh.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 03:58 AM

Whatever "wise" words that come from the Todger if I think the exact opposite I know I'm still thinking clearly.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

25-02-2021, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I don't usually bite at your comments Art. No point. Even less with the "other bloke". (I bet he thinks that is about him.) But sometimes I just can't help myself mate. Joe Biden and his horrid lot??!..How many people here do you think you could convince that Trump's "Lot" are any less horrid. I hope you're not including his "army"...Men in buffalo hats and war paint with assault rifles smashing the congress and threatening to kill the speaker??..sheeeeesh.
I REALLY couldn't care less about convincing anyone. All that I'm doing is expressing my personal opinion. I very much liked and like Trump.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

25-02-2021, 12:36 PM

Whatever "wise" words that come from the Todger if I think the exact opposite I know I'm still thinking clearly.
Certainly! But based on different values.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top