Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2012, 05:55 AM

Happy Sunday Folk.

[IMG]
[/IMG]Taken last Sunday at Barnwell country park, Northants. I haven't taken a look outside yet but I expect my garden to be saturated after rain most of yesterday and all night. I hope you are all safe and flood-free.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2012, 08:05 AM

Re: Happy Sunday Folk.

Good morning Alan and everypme else of course

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEszTzdUMcY

It is fine at the moment after a night of heavy rain and we are supposed to stay that way now for the rest of the day, it is a bit on the nippy side though but supposed to warm up as the day progresses. Mother Natures creatures are out in force, possibly celebrating a dry morning for a change.
Plans for today are for a walk around Grasmere with lunch at some local establishment followed by an afternoon of relaxing with a book in the company of Napoleon.

This house was built to save having to pay a window tax over 300 yrs ago. Unfortunately that little fiddle did not work and the chap got taxed on both sides of the Ghyll.
It is in Ambleside ,over Stock Ghyll. The local tale is that it was built as an Apple store and Summer house if you want to believe some authors. I think that story has been put out by the National Trust who own the property.

Lovely Autumn picture Alan

Have a great day everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M81ph3BslqQ
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2012, 09:08 AM

Good morning all, hope everyone is safe and dry after the overnight storms..

Trying out the new local Aldi this morning as we've never been in before, and we are hosting a 75th birthday celebration next week for my BIL so we will need to locate a few supplies.... Nothing else on the cards, I'm just cooking spaghetti for lunch and then we will be by the fire with a book this afternoon methinks...

Enjoy your day folks.

Barry
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2012, 10:23 AM

Morning all. Had a lie in today, got up at 8am instead of 6am. Yesturday it was pouring of rain all day, today it is sunny but gale force wind.

Have a lovely day all.

Sue & Coco xx
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2012, 11:18 AM

Good morning everyone the storms of the past few days have abated and we have clear blue sky and sunshine today, a very welcome sight too!

No special plans for today other than the usual day to day chores.

Enjoy your day all!
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2012, 11:35 AM

Good morning everyone. Ambleside is going to get the rain from Monday AntiBrown. Its going to get 5inches of rain over a few days. All the East side like Newcastle, Whitby, Hull, Leeds etc.
My cats didnt want to go out at all yesterday even Bob who loves going out decided against it with the wind and heavy rains laugh.
Going to feed my seagulls today, got their mash ready. They love it.
Have a nice day today, going to making chicken and some Yorkshires. Reminds me of home. Love my Yorkshire.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2012, 12:06 PM

Good morning everybody, and what a wet one it is too! Looks like there's been a lot overnight and now its just drizzling. Hope everybody here hasn't been affected badly by all the rain.

Plans for the day are to return some trainers I got 6 weeks ago from Carlisle which are faulty and ask for my money back and then as a birthday treat my neighbours are taking me to see the new James Bond film in Carlisle Haven't been to the cinema for well over 10 years so it will be a treat

Lovely photos Alan and AB.

Mawbray beach yesterday

Enjoy the rest of the day
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2012, 12:26 PM

Good Morning Folk Awfy dreich outside this morning! Still could be worse!!

Lovely photos folk And the links as well Bob, thanks for sharing.

Hope you all enjoy a good day today.

Take care and stay safe:
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2012, 12:39 PM

Good morning fellow members a bit late today as I am juggling jobs and the power was been going on and off.
Thank goodness for the laptop with battery which does give me a bit of leeway online .

The early sun has gone and it is now cold and grey, we are surrounded by water but not in it thank goodness.
I have just made a batch of bread rolls and you will all hear me swear if the power goes off when they are cooking though it seems ok now .

Lots more jobs to do including the ironing .
Enjoy you day everyone and stay safe
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2012, 02:18 PM

Good afternoon folks.

Just back from Church and thereafter Lidl for some shopping and the wife is currently lighting the fire which reminds me I need to call the coal man to get more delivered soon.

It's michty dreich today, won't be going outside again if I can help it.

That's the fire lit now and the wife's putting some wood and coal on it to get the al' girl burning away nicely.

Now to pour me another coffee.

Ah, caffeine and cigarettes - lunch fit for a King.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top