Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 03:54 PM

Re: My granny maud

Well written Robert. what a remarkable Woman your Gran was, I had a Granny called Nelly and she was never ashamed to give her nose a good swipe of the apron when needed, I remember her once saying to me when she saw the look of disgust on my face "It's only nasal water, everyone oozes it, same as tears only from a different hole in your face."
I never liked it when she made pancakes, nothing wrong with the pancakes mind you, but when she buttered and sugared them she would roll them up then take one and start blowing, no not exactly blowing, more of a spraying on, then hand it to you. I got out of that one by saying it was too big for me and took another from the unsprayed ones on the plate, then dash outside leaving her shouting "That's far too hot for you jimmy." "Don't worry Nan the air will cool it."

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top