Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 12:05 AM

Another dying art.

Another dying pastime.

Sad to say, the younger generation have lost the art of dunking biscuits into a cup of tea or coffee. Did I say cup? They too are few and far between in the current habit of using mugs for everything.

The practice of dunking biscuits is an acquired one. Many fall by the wayside when they’re biccy disintegrates before the mouth is reached, leaving a soggy mess on the floor or worse still in one’s lap.

A firm biscuit is the thing to use. Not crackers, they taste horrible soggy. NOT Nice biscuits, they only have to see the drink & they collapse. I can’t bring my self to dunk FIG rolls but only cos I hate figs.

Are you a dunker?

Do tell us of your preference.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 12:15 AM

Re: Another dying art.

Not, nor ever have been a dunker. I can't abide soggy biscuits.
And as for fig rolls yuk and yuk again.
I only like Macvities digestive biscuits.
I think the art of dunking should die a slow lingering death
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 12:28 AM

AN extreme view I think

Did you have an unhappy experience with this practice as a child.?
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 12:29 AM

Ah Bobbyboy I must disagree the art of dunking is not dying out , well must admit my son is 44 but he dunks, not biscuits in coffee, but toast. I think it's a disgusting habbit however my BIL always did it too, but my son never knew, so I think it must be in the genes . He also likes Peanut butter and cheese cakes, not together I might add, but I have to blame my Mum for this, I dislike both.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

28-11-2012, 12:35 AM

Hazel dear heart, or may I call you ,Corylus avellana. I agree with all your comments especially dunking toast ......... yew.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
AN extreme view I think

Did you have an unhappy experience with this practice as a child.?
Yes, I had to watch the disgusting table manners of my older brother, who even dunked toast bleurgh.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

28-11-2012, 12:38 AM

YUK two reports of toast dunking in such a short space of time.

Of course the Frogs dunk croissants into their latte, but then they're foreigners
mesco m
manchester

28-11-2012, 12:44 AM

Well frogs have no table manners either. In fact in France they are unusually on the table, in garlic butter.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Hazel dear heart, or may I call you ,Corylus avellana. I agree with all your comments especially dunking toast ......... yew.
Bobbyboy you may call me what you wish, but if I find you're calling me nasty names I'll 'ave you for brekker, see Antibrown it's his fault . Sorry I digress yes, it's a disgusting habbit isn't it and their family name is oops nearly forgot we don't use surnames on here. But they were upper crust, in fact you couldn't get more upper. Anyone know what in tarnation that last emoticon is ??
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 12:56 AM

The perfect dunking biscuit has to be McVitie's Ginger Nuts .... my husband is still an expert at that!

Oh how I hate washing a cup with soggy bits of biscuit crumbs stuck in the bottom!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top