Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 01:08 AM

Re: Another dying art.

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Yes, I had to watch the disgusting table manners of my older brother, who even dunked toast bleurgh.
Mesco do you perhaps think it might be a regional thing since we're both from same area??
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
Mesco do you perhaps think it might be a regional thing since we're both from same area??
Possibly but it does seem to be a male disgusting eating habit
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 01:13 AM

I dunk some biscuits but figs have got to be fresh.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
The perfect dunking biscuit has to be McVitie's Ginger Nuts .... my husband is still an expert at that!

Oh how I hate washing a cup with soggy bits of biscuit crumbs stuck in the bottom!
Well make your mind up if he was expert there wouldn't be any soggy bits in your bottom (do wish people would get things straight fore they post) and don't be so posh Mcvities Ginger Nuts I mean does it matter what colour his nuts are for goodness sake so long as they serve the purpose??
BTW anyone know why they're called 'nuts'
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 09:42 AM

I always dunked my biscuits and also my rolls! I remember when I was 5 running down to the local wee corner shop and buying 6 rolls, coming home and buttering 2 of them (they were Jack's rolls) and dunking them in my teacup (no mugs back then)

I too dunked McVities Ginger Nuts and their Digestive and Tea biscuits - still do!! Yummy!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Another dying pastime.

Sad to say, the younger generation have lost the art of dunking biscuits into a cup of tea or coffee. Did I say cup? They too are few and far between in the current habit of using mugs for everything.

The practice of dunking biscuits is an acquired one. Many fall by the wayside when they’re biccy disintegrates before the mouth is reached, leaving a soggy mess on the floor or worse still in one’s lap.

A firm biscuit is the thing to use. Not crackers, they taste horrible soggy. NOT Nice biscuits, they only have to see the drink & they collapse. I can’t bring my self to dunk FIG rolls but only cos I hate figs.

Are you a dunker?

Do tell us of your preference.
Never been a dunker.

Why do you need to dunk?

Are you to lazy to chew?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 10:16 AM

I must admit to being a world class dunker and I could have been a gold medal contender, but only in the biscuit category as dunking anything else is, in my opinion, just downright pagan and akin to devil worship...

All time favorites are ginger nuts and fruit shortcake (Tesco's own)....
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 10:42 AM

I have a degree in dunking My biscuit of choice is a dark chocolate hobnob and a very close second would be a McVities dark chocolate digestive.
As for fig rolls.. errrgh they are the work of the devil!!
Oh yes I only dunk in coffee or hot chocolate never tea as I rarely drink it.
Its all in a slight twist of the wrist
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 10:59 AM

Many years ago whilst staying with friends in Paris, we were served large breakfast bowls of hot coffee and Croissants and butter. Spread butter on croissants and then dunk in the coffee - magnificent!!!!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 11:26 AM

I'm with Mags......soggy bits of biscuit in the bottom of a tea cup, yuck! (this is a mug free zone )
And definitely a male disgusting eating habit. Hubby, son, sil and fil (used to) do it.
Geoff, it's that film of butter floating on top..ugh

I rarely buy biscuits now, but I'd love to have had the recipe my aunty had for little thin and crispy ones. She used to make them for me on rare occasions but I never thought to ask her for the recipe

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top