Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 01:53 PM

Bryce Courtenay

I am surprised that Bryce Courtenay didn't get a mention here.

Author of The Power of One and The Potato Factory to name but two of his many books. He was also the creator of Louie the Fly and the Milky Bart Kid during his days in advertising.

Anyway he is dead aged 79 after a short battle with stomach cancer. The died on 22nd November.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 02:53 PM

Re: Bryce Courtenay

I'm sorry Bruce but I have to admit to not having heard of Bryce Courtenay

However, may he rest in peace, I'm sure he will be dearly missed by many...
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 05:51 PM

Sorry Bruce, I'm not familiar with the name either, nevertheless, it is sad to lose good authors. I'll have a look for him in the library.

Why didn't you put it on before?
Pink Lady
New Member!
Perth Australia
Pink Lady is female 

29-11-2012, 04:17 PM

A very good story teller , Sorry to see him go . Saw him doing his final interview on TV the other night when he said "Thankyou" to all his readers , it was very emotional . RIP and Thankyou Bryce .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top