Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 06:15 AM

Happy Thursday Folk

[IMG]
[/IMG] Looking out over the North Yorkshire moors. Feeling 100% again today But I'm sure I've had a mild attack of the flu, mild because I'd had the jab. When I had flu back in 1957 I was ill for over a week - in bed for 3days.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 07:57 AM

Re: Happy Thursday Folk

Good morning Alan and everyone else who visits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPA8RDzl-Ss

A dry day but by gum it is cold, we are down to -2 degrees but it only serves to make Mother Natures creatures scurry around faster for their breakfast.

Plans for today, this morning it is to be filled replacing a bathroom light at a friends before being treated to lunch for dojng the job, the afternoon will be spent fitting the new security lights that we bought yesterday before relaxing with some soothing music.

Carlisle Castle

Good to hear you are feeling back to normal Alan.

Have a great day everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PaBp...ure=watch-vrec
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 08:54 AM

Good morning everyone, frosty here as well today but the sun is coming up so at least it will be bright later, don't you just hate those gloomy dank days in autumn...

Nothing much planned, maybe more scanning of old photos, I'm cooking salmon with roast veg for lunch and friends are visiting this afternoon for coffee and cakes.

Glad you're feeling better Alan and what a lovely landscape, is it a view over Danby from the beacon?

We tried to find Carlisle Castle once Bob but we ran out of direction signs and got lost in the city for half an hour..... a strange place that Carlisle...

Have a good day folks and hey, let's take care out there today...

Barry
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 09:50 AM

Good Morning Folk Jack Frost has been busy during the night! The frost on the pavements looks like snow!!

Took Loki to the vet yesterday for her health check, she was delighted to see it was Gillian, the vet, and was, as always a good girl, letting Gillian listen to her heart, clip a couple of her nails and put ear drops in each ear - she has ear infection in both ears.

Lovely walk there and back but it was dark when we came up the road and Loki doesn't like the dark because of the cars and their lights being on!

Heard a noise in the hall last night, went out and Loki was in a fit. Not a bad one and I gave her another Phenobarb. She slept all night - I didn't! I sat on the edge of my bed and listened out for her! Got a sore back and shoulders now!! Nearly finished my book though

That's good that your flu has gone, Alan.

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

Take care
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 10:54 AM

Good morning everyone and hope we are well today.
Hope Loki is OK soon. Not very nice when your pets are ill.
Makes me feel ill when mine are so know how you feel Brandykins
I was at Carlisle in May AntiBrown lovely place. I have started
going once a year as one of my great Grandads was born at
Wigton so I stay at Carlisle and get the bus to Wigton for a walk
around and a Latte. His Dad used to own a Butchers shop on
the High Street. Love doing Ancestry and have researched the
Routledges back to about 1730 although that Great was born in
Brampton. Stay at the Travelodge which is very convenient for
me as the bingohall is only across the road so thats my kind of
place
Have a great day all and hope its not too cold this Winter.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 11:38 AM

Morning all. Bright and sunny today but cold.
Cooking Pork Casserole for dinner tonight.

Have a nice day all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 12:12 PM

Good morning fellow members how lovely to see sun and frost instead of rain. Chloe and I can cope with cold, constant rain and mud is not much fun at all.

Shopping done and put away, washing hung out I can now turn my attention to some ironing, there is also dried fruit to wash ready to be soaked in brandy to make mincemeat.

Chloe is a bit excited, the postman is bringing antler horn today we hope

Have a pleasant day everyone and stay warm .
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 01:34 PM

Good morni - oops, good afternoon all
Bright and sunny here but very cold...our postman knocked with a delivery this morning - wearing shorts - machomen our posties
Christmas shopping all morning..all done online, thank goodness for online shopping I don't think I could manage to push the wheelchair round and round the shops now!
An antler horn Meg ! Wish Loki better soon and glad you are better too Alan.
Have a great day all.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 04:13 PM

Just a note to let you know, that we were flooded in the year 2000 in Woodford, Essex, it was 3ft of water inside the House. Two elderly ladies died from shock and we had to have rescuers to help people leave their homes. See my photo on my Albums, I lived in one of those Cottages.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 10:33 PM

A very late Hello to everyone

We have been to Cardiff for the day and didn't get home until an hour and a half ago. It was a beautiful sunny day there but a bit on the chilly side. Did some Christmas shopping and had lunch in one of the Malls.
We stayed until it was dark so that we could appreciate Cardiff's beautiful Christmas lights then made our way to the train station to catch the train home. A long and tiring day but very enjoyable!

Hope everyone else has had a good day...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top