Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 05:52 AM

Happy Friday Everyone.

[IMG]
[/IMG] Taken in the gardens of Isola Bella, lake Maggiore, Italy. Didn't do much yesterday - Sheila went shopping to Peterborough with her friend. So it's shopping day today preceded by a pub lunch (and maybe a half of real ale).
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 08:58 AM

Re: Happy Friday Everyone.

Good morning Alan and all to arrive yet. You enjoy yourself Alan. Dont blame you.
Not doing too much today but need some shopping. Have my son on hand
to drive me to Tescos and back plus he pays for alot of the food. Only have to buy my gin laugh.
Have a good day everyone
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 10:29 AM

Good morning.
Heavy frost here and just -0°C cccold. Sun is shining though
Expecting some deliveries today, so will be staying in and cooking a piece of beef. Hubby wants yorkshire pudding with it
Have a good friday all.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 10:55 AM

Morning everyone, cold here at -2 deg. but the sun is up so should start to warm up shortly.

We have visitors coming for the weekend so today will be cleaning and cooking, and we are just back from Tescos with a few extra spuds, just in case they want to eat while they're here... Sausage and mash for lunch today though, then out with the dogs and then an hour or two in front of the fire with a book is on the cards methinks..

Have a smashing day folks..

Barry
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 11:19 AM

Good morning everyone.

Blooming cold here -3.4 earlier, now it is -1.

Plans for today after a visit to the docs as my right eye keeps watering and was red raw when I woke up this morning are to do nothing except rest my eye. I am afraid that the Docs advised me not to reading much and to wear dark glasses, not to watch TV and it is a no no for the computer, so I think I will be absent for the near future folks,

Take care and dont waste you life as a couch potato, get out there and enjoy it.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 11:20 AM

Winter Wolf

Good Morning Folk Awfy cold and very icy underfoot again this morning, minus 3 degrees it is. I hate walking on the icy pavements, why do the RDC come round and grit the roads and leave the pavements! I was once told to walk on the road by the council when I complained!

Lovely photo, Alan, looks a beautiful place I always enjoy your photos of all the different places and thanks for sharing

I need to go to visit my neighbour, who is still in hospital today then get food stuff for myself and the parrots as I wasn't out yesterday - didn't want to leave Loki on her own after her fit on Wednesday but, fingers crossed!!

Hope you all enjoy a good day today.

Take care and stay safe
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 11:38 AM

A pride of Lions doing what they are best at, having a sleep with the boss on guard.

A bright sunny day here but a bitterly cold wind. I'm doing my usual "Friday thing" and going to pick up my friend then a look around shops, coffee and maybe something to eat, but I have to be back earlier today as the builders/plumbers/glaziers/gas people are coming to be paid.
(actually we just pay one company, they will sort the rest out). I'm just glad the work is finished, now Mr Clumsy can get busy with the pain brushes and rollers.
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
[IMG]
[/IMG] Taken in the gardens of Isola Bella, lake Maggiore, Italy. Didn't do much yesterday - Sheila went shopping to Peterborough with her friend. So it's shopping day today preceded by a pub lunch (and maybe a half of real ale).
That is a beautiful pond and the person(s) responsible must be very proud of their achievement.

We have a garden pond but we have to keep it covered with a wire mesh to protect the fish.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 01:39 PM

Goon morning fellow members brrr it is certainly a cold one and I was able to put into use my great new fleecey thing when walking Chloe. It is a tube with a toggle at one end that you put over your head and pull up to prevent breathing in cold air. Unlike a scarf it fits under my coat with a hood.

Lots to do this morning, baby sitting later .
Have a lovely day everyone
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 02:56 PM

Good afternoon all, I had a pleasant train journey home, the countryside looked beautiful in the Winter sunshine.
When I got home the Wife had a fish and chip meal ready for me, fresh whiting from Dublin bay, you can't beat fresh fish, wouldn't eat that stuff from the chipper, you never know how long it's lying there disguised in batter, my misses makes her own batter using a very old method handed down through the years, when she batters she makes a good job of it, she's a great little batterer, I have the scars to prove it!.
Anyway it's great to see you all in the festive spirit, and to all the Bah humbugs I say cheer up, there's always next year.
Take good care of yourselves folks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top