Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 04:59 PM

Re: Photos of Members Christmas Trees

That's a smashing tree Mall, well done. Every year my missus puts it in the same place and I have to move out my favourite armchair 12'' just to see the TV, otherwise all I see is a load of balls, although it's not much different to what's on the Telly.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 07:48 PM

Now here's a little story and I kid you not.... The last time we had a real tree was around seven years ago. Mrs PM decorated it with all the tinsel and bangles as usual, but on Christmas Eve there was such an unholy noise in the hallway where the tree was, and it appeared that our labrador was chasing a b****y great rat which had appeared from who knows where. The rat flew up the tree to escape, our lab dived onto the tree which then collapsed into a heap, Mrs PM was screaming, the dog was barking, I was running around with a waste paper basket trying to catch the rat .... talk about pandemonium, if only someone could have filmed it...

Suffice to say I eventually caught the rat in the basket and despatched it to a better life, the tree was all but destroyed so as it was late evening on Christmas Eve we replaced it with the small one you see below, which we had in the loft. We have since used it every year, never again wanting to tempt providence with a proper tree...and we never did find out how the rat had got into the house, but we've never seen another one since....

Happy Christmas everyone...

warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 08:20 PM

This is a clients tree. A few weeks ago after a storm the top of one of their conifers snapped and was leaning on next doors shed. I recovered it and was about to cut it up and remove it . I cut the lower branches off and asked her if she wanted to use it as an outside tree. She looked at it and decided to use it indoors. It has a lovely lemony smell and soft to feel.
My tree will be naked until next weekend but will make an appearance tomorrow.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 08:29 PM

Mesco - That's a very nice tree. It fits in that corner a treat doesn't it.

Plantman - That was a very interesting story, I wonder if the rat was in the tree when you brought it home Anyway the tree you use now is very sweet and has the fibre optic lights.

Warleron - Your client's tree is beautiful. Was it you that decorated it? It looks very creative whoever did it.

Thanks to you all showing them
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 09:01 PM

No I just tidied up the tree

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top