Join for free
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 07:19 AM

Re: Last to post wins

mornin' spitty and all who follow,mmmm a bit of drizzle out there is this the change and summer over, better stick with the hot porridge and prunes
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 07:54 AM

Morning Lasters & Loons, hope everyone is well this morning. Mr Macy...hot porridge and prunes? Best stock up the bathroom then, eh?!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 12:37 PM

Good afternoon Lasters.
A nice quiet place we have here today - just how I like it.
I expect 'they' are all out looking for something nice to buy us.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 01:04 PM

Afternoon Mups, yes lets hope it stays that way! Unless of course they come rushing back with flowers and chocolates, and something nice for tea. One can hope
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Afternoon Mups, yes lets hope it stays that way! Unless of course they come rushing back with flowers and chocolates, and something nice for tea. One can hope

Yes, as you say, one can hope.

I don't like to be pessimistic, but I have a feeling our hopes will be dashed, like they always are.

I suppose we could always resort to raiding their swear box I keep by the front door, there's loads of money in there, so we could always treat ourselves with that.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, as you say, one can hope.

I don't like to be pessimistic, but I have a feeling our hopes will be dashed, like they always are.

I suppose we could always resort to raiding their swear box I keep by the front door, there's loads of money in there, so we could always treat ourselves with that.

I heard them whispering they empty the swear box regularly so as to have money to put back in. What's that about? Over the top frugal, is it?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
I heard them whispering they empty the swear box regularly so as to have money to put back in. What's that about? Over the top frugal, is it?
Actually, there's a spring-loaded door on the bottom which opens when the weight of the coins gets to a certain level. The coins drop onto a conveyor belt, which transfers them to a sealed vault that only I and LD know the combination of. Twice a year (Midsummer day, and Christmas) the vault gets emptied, and the money is spent on restocking the drinks cabinet so that we can booze all year long.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 04:51 PM

Not frugal then, just plain sneaky!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

14-06-2021, 05:51 PM

Might have to get some superglue then, or re-direct that conveyor belt
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
There's been way too much traffic in and out of here today.
Whatever this bunch was thinking, it's got to stop. Now.

For once I agree with you, Righty, that's why you lot need to get lost and rid us of all this pointless farm waffle.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top