Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
gateau
central queensland
gateau is male  gateau has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2011, 07:00 AM

floods

this years flooding rains.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Troopie
Adelaide, Australia
Troopie is female  Troopie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2011, 09:13 AM

Re: floods

Wow! I hope you and your's are o.k. I couldn't handle that. It's too scary. The heat or fires you can do something about but floods are different, you can only stand back and watch. All the best.
gateau
central queensland
gateau is male  gateau has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2011, 11:10 AM

Thanks troops, i am on the high side, this creek is between my place and my neighbour place, we live in a valley and the run of from the surrounding hills is quite significant, however its gone quite quickly depending on the rain that is.
Bush fires last Christmas, flood s this one, that's Australia for you.

Thanks for your concern
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2011, 11:27 AM

Now, what was it about living in Australia that was so wonderful, the snakes, the spiders, the drought, the wildfires or the floods? I know the country is fabulous, but you do all seem to be up against it at the moment, even the Ashes have gone down the pan!
Really though, we are , I`m sure, all thinking of you and hoping that things get better for you all soon...
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2011, 11:36 AM

Hope you remain safe gateau - I have watched the floods in Australia on our news and it does seem staggering - an area larger than France and Germany. We live near a river and often it floods out into the fields and surrounding area, but never any real problem.
gateau
central queensland

05-01-2011, 11:44 AM

Planty, boo hoo, boo hoo we are getting a severe flogging in the ashes o wail
how will we live it down. (grins) true mate up in rocky the snakes are everywhere, browns to bloody deadly those fellas, had one on my verandah last week gently moved it of with a long handled brush..and i mean long handle, mate there is no other country in this world i would live in, we have everything from tropical rain forest, to desert, and snow country down south.
gateau
central queensland

05-01-2011, 11:55 AM

Aerolor,the reason for so much water through our river systems this year, el nina, an early monsoon trough in the north which was pushed down the east coast by a cyclone, cyclones deliver huge amounts of water in particular this one that went into a rain depression once it crossed the coast.
What made it worse was we had had significant rain prior which filled all the river systems, so this water had no where to go but south, and its covering a massive area in this state
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2011, 04:41 PM

Hope you guys are safe!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2011, 05:43 PM

And there we were moaning about our bit of snow ......
gateau
central queensland

05-01-2011, 10:36 PM

Thanks guys and gals, yes this is a land of extremes all right the damage bill is going to run into billions of dollars, but we will survive. (gurgle)(gurgle)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top