Join for free
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2011, 07:43 PM

A Challenge for You!

There`s a programme on tonight - BBC4, 7.30- called
Ego: The Strange and Wonderful World of Self-Portraits

I used to do a lot of portraits but stopped because the person usually `saw` themselves as so different to what they actually looked like. We tend to fix an image of ourselves in our teens and are frequently started by the stranger in the mirror.
So - I challenge you to draw, doodle, photograph or paint a portrait of yourself!
There will be a virtual prize of dinner with the artist of your choice.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2011, 07:51 PM

Re: A Challenge for You!

Lol I started to do a sketch of myself a while ago - just because I wanted to get back into it and just started 'messing around'. It wasn't meant to be a keeper, and I through it away lol.

I'd love to do one of Rocky one day.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2011, 08:12 PM

So do one of you and Rocky? Ypu can always photoshop a pic!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2011, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
So - I challenge you to draw, doodle, photograph or paint a portrait of yourself!
There will be a virtual prize of dinner with the artist of your choice.
Sorry Claire, I can't draw, doodle, or paint, and I can't even find my camera right now so I'm scuppered.

Mind you, if you changed that virtual prize into a real one I might make a special effort to find the camera
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2011, 12:13 PM

I combined the idea of a photo & a line drawing.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2011, 01:48 PM

That's brilliant Bob!

I'm afraid I'm pretty hopeless at drawing or even painting a tree let alone a portrait!

I'm looking forward to other members' attempts though ...... and I would love to see one of Azz's Rocky.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2011, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That's brilliant Bob!

I'm afraid I'm pretty hopeless at drawing or even painting a tree let alone a portrait!

I'm looking forward to other members' attempts though ...... and I would love to see one of Azz's Rocky.
Although I could have hand drawn the portrait of myself because of my artistic background I used my knowledge of Photoshop to convert my photograph to a line drawing. Here's the photo I converted.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2011, 07:52 PM

That's very clever, Bob!
Nippy
South Devon
Nippy is female  Nippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2011, 08:20 PM

Very good Bob

I know just what you mean Claire. I tried taking a self portrait photo of myself in the mirror.
I deleted it, I couldn't make out who the old lady was staring back at me

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top