Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2011, 10:44 PM

Loving Lions

I can't help myself! The sun was out again this morning so I headed for the zoo to see if new animals were up and about. This visit it was the lions that were warming & grooming themselves. What fun!

Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2011, 10:57 PM

Re: Loving Lions

Bob, Excellent Photographs. I particularly liked No. 1 & 4.

Thanks for sharing these magnificent animals.

Rainbow x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2011, 12:15 AM

What wonderful photos, Bob!

My favourite two are No.1 and 4 also ...... such majestic animals.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2011, 12:26 AM

Great photos Bob as usual......they are handsome creatures....
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2011, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Great photos Bob as usual......they are handsome creatures....
I really sense that they are majesty animals, so regal, so confident, so precious.
Troopie
Adelaide, Australia
Troopie is female  Troopie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2011, 10:58 PM

Wow! They are great shots. I'm lucky if the subject is still in the same neighbourhood as I am by the time I get the camera ready!
bobmielke
Portland, OR

06-02-2011, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Troopie ->
Wow! They are great shots. I'm lucky if the subject is still in the same neighbourhood as I am by the time I get the camera ready!
I went to the Portland Zoo 10 a.m. in the morning with the sun shing for the first time in weeks. I knew certain animals couldn't turn down an opportunity to sun themselves. The lionesses were sitting on that boulder sunning, snoozing & grooming each other. They were very stationary & content. I shot over 50 frames in short order and could have fired off 1,000. They were'nt going anywhere. I know a good situation when I see one so I got all the photographs I wanted. After seeing the results I wish I had those 1,000 frames.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2011, 01:20 PM

Those four shots make a great set, look beautiful framed and hung. I've always admired your work Bob and I wondered if you keep all your countless photo's stored or are they on a computer, or both, if you know what I mean, can you locate a particular shot if you need it in a hurry. When my Dad died recently all the old Family photo's were given to me (old wedding albums,and two boxes of black and white snaps), I have them in the attic and will sort them out when I can get round to it. I don't think I would trust them all to the computer and dump the originals.
bobmielke
Portland, OR

09-02-2011, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Those four shots make a great set, look beautiful framed and hung. I've always admired your work Bob and I wondered if you keep all your countless photo's stored or are they on a computer, or both, if you know what I mean, can you locate a particular shot if you need it in a hurry. When my Dad died recently all the old Family photo's were given to me (old wedding albums,and two boxes of black and white snaps), I have them in the attic and will sort them out when I can get round to it. I don't think I would trust them all to the computer and dump the originals.
I shoot my photographs in RAW format that contain every pixel the camera's sensor saw. I create the photos you see and save them in JPG format for the web. I also save the RAW files using the same file name in a separate folder as a for of "negative" that can always used to produce unlimited variations of the JPG versions. For an outside backup I store my JPGs online at SmugMug, a professional service that allows unlimited files and unlimited sized files. You can view all my saved files, if you wish, at http://bobmielke.smugmug.com . They are all in JPG format.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2011, 07:12 PM

Thanks for explaining all that Bob, you really know your stuff.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top