Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2011, 05:06 AM

Peaceful Garden

I was so fortunate to have such a beautiful, sunny day to visit Portland's Japanese Garden today. It was still pretty cold so there were few visitors to the garden. I took my time wandering the paths to discover little hideaways begging to be photographed. This little rest area with its simplistic bench caught my eye.

Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2011, 11:51 AM

Re: Peaceful Garden

Lovely Bob - often simple is the most effective. Do you know if the trees and shrubs are rhodedentrons and magnolias, the leaves look as if they might be?
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Lovely Bob - often simple is the most effective. Do you know if the trees and shrubs are rhodedentrons and magnolias, the leaves look as if they might be?
I don't know but you may be able to find out here: http://japanesegarden.com/.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2011, 01:29 PM

That's a lovely cosy corner, Bob ..... looks very tranquil.
bobmielke
Portland, OR

10-02-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That's a lovely cosy corner, Bob ..... looks very tranquil.
There's a story behind this post. A young British lady on the YOP forum shared her recent horrifying story on the forum after discovering a lump in her breast. She went through hell being tested many times with a lot of pain involved in the diagnostic mammograms. She shared her anguish as she sat in waiting rooms with other women much older than her that were experiencing the same trauma.

Her results came back negative, the growth was benign. Suzi happens to love photographing benches so I dedicated this tranquil photograph to her and the bravery she displays in sharing the importance of self-examination and routine mamograms.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2011, 04:25 PM

What a lovely story, I'm so pleased her results were negative and I'm sure she will appreciate your beautiful photo of a secluded bench.

Very thoughtful, Bob!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top