Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2011, 01:25 PM

Katsura Photographic Exhibit

During my visit to the Portland Japanese Gardens yesterday I stumbled upon the Katsura Photographic Exhibit of black and white photographs taken of Kyoto, Japan. The prints were beautifully presented in a well lit event room, with low key lighting placed mainly on the framed photos. Tripods & flash units were not permitted but that would never stop me from capturing the essence of the exhibit.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2011, 01:33 PM

Re: Katsura Photographic Exhibit

I bet that was interesting for you, Bob.

The design looks simple but very effective...
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2011, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I bet that was interesting for you, Bob.

The design looks simple but very effective...
There was an American guide in the exhit hall that did a great job in describing the exhibit itself. When she finished her details I shared with her that many years ago I spent time in Kyoto visiting that shrine photographed in the display. I was in the United States Air Force in 1970 stationed in Misawa, Japan. It's a small world.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2011, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
There was an American guide in the exhit hall that did a great job in describing the exhibit itself. When she finished her details I shared with her that many years ago I spent time in Kyoto visiting that shrine photographed in the display. I was in the United States Air Force in 1970 stationed in Misawa, Japan. It's a small world.
How interesting you were able to share memories with her...
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2011, 07:47 PM

Looks great Bob

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top