Join for free
Page 12 of 56 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 05:43 AM

Re: Flu jab 2018 booked

Well there we go again folks, another autumn where somebody mentions flu jabs and one particular member, who hates pharmaceutical companies making money, tries to convince us all that it is a waste of time! I recall another occasion where he tried to tell us that chemotherapy was a waste of time, but if he had told me that 7 years ago I would not be alive and here typing this post

He seems to be obsessed with proving that Pharmaceuticals don't work, but hasn't yet worked out that we all know you can find anything on the internet, that will say what you want it too...... even if it is wrong.

You are all entitled to make your own decision on whether you have the jab so, unlike him, I will not advise you either way. Often we may not need the jab, because we frequently have years where there is no flu epidemic..... but I wouldn't like to be one who refused it when we do have one, because there will not be enough vaccine to inject everybody.
I studied vaccines & how they work, many years ago when I was taking A levels in Chemistry & Biology. They do not prevent you from catching the disease, but they do help your body to produce sufficient antitoxins to fight the disease. Some natural cures can be helpful, but they won't save you from potentially fatal diseases... of which flu is one!
If there is any proof that a vaccine doesn't work ( and I said proof not scientists opinions based on limited research) medical professions would not waste money in using them.
All I will say is, the jab is unlikely to harm you but it may save your life.... so make your own decision on whether you accept the jab, or speak to somebody in a neutral position who has nothing to gain from encouraging or discouraging you... not somebody who is trying to prove a point!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well there we go again folks, another autumn where somebody mentions flu jabs and one particular member, who hates pharmaceutical companies making money, tries to convince us all that it is a waste of time! I recall another occasion where he tried to tell us that chemotherapy was a waste of time, but if he had told me that 7 years ago I would not be alive and here typing this post

He seems to be obsessed with proving that Pharmaceuticals don't work, but hasn't yet worked out that we all know you can find anything on the internet, that will say what you want it too...... even if it is wrong.

You are all entitled to make your own decision on whether you have the jab so, unlike him, I will not advise you either way. Often we may not need the jab, because we frequently have years where there is no flu epidemic..... but I wouldn't like to be one who refused it when we do have one, because there will not be enough vaccine to inject everybody.
I studied vaccines & how they work, many years ago when I was taking A levels in Chemistry & Biology. They do not prevent you from catching the disease, but they do help your body to produce sufficient antitoxins to fight the disease. Some natural cures can be helpful, but they won't save you from potentially fatal diseases... of which flu is one!
If there is any proof that a vaccine doesn't work ( and I said proof not scientists opinions based on limited research) medical professions would not waste money in using them.
All I will say is, the jab is unlikely to harm you but it may save your life.... so make your own decision on whether you accept the jab, or speak to somebody in a neutral position who has nothing to gain from encouraging or discouraging you... not somebody who is trying to prove a point!
I quite agree Twink
There are plenty of reputable studies published that show having the flu vaccination prevents hospitalisation and deaths in some elderly people particularly those with existing health conditions but I am not going to get into a 'my research is better than your research ' battle. We are adults here and capable of carring out our own research and making up our own minds what is best for us individually.
It doesn't matter what anyone posts here (and arguing with some people is pointless anyway) I have made up my own mind and have also been advised and not by a 'money making GP' but my Cardiologist that it is essential that I have the flu vaccination and although it is not foolproof in preventing flu in all circumstances it will at least decrease my chances of getting flu and being hospitalised or worse.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I quite agree Twink
There are plenty of reputable studies published that show having the flu vaccination prevents hospitalisation and deaths in some elderly people particularly those with existing health conditions but I am not going to get into a 'my research is better than your research ' battle. We are adults here and capable of carring out our own research and making up our own minds what is best for us individually.
It doesn't matter what anyone posts here (and arguing with some people is pointless anyway) I have made up my own mind and have also been advised and not by a 'money making GP' but my Cardiologist that it is essential that I have the flu vaccination and although it is not foolproof in preventing flu in all circumstances it will at least decrease my chances of getting flu and being hospitalised or worse.
Thanks Meg, let's hope this is the end of this years " Flu Jab argument"!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 12:57 PM

Comedy gold !!

You keep spouting this vitriol and utter nonsense and now you're plain out saying that the Cochrane Libray research is "wrong" without one shred of offered evidence, without one shred of a source reference. We are to believe it's "wrong" purely because Twink says it's wrong. Just utterly laughable. Medical practitioners the world over have accepted the plethora of evidence and factual research that PROVES the flu vaccine is useless, but hey, you've got an 'A' level so I guess you're right !!

This whole fiasco get's more comical year on year. No matter how many times people discuss it, you persistently FAIL to provide any source references, any actual data and rely soley on your emotional anecdotal ideas. The CDC Campaign Of Fear clearly works extremely well.

unlike him, I will not advise you either way.
I don't advise people. I simple put up the facts and data. You still can't get your head around this it seems. The messenger IS NOT responsible for the data. The messenger needs no qualifications whatsoever to deliver the message. That you continue this personal perseuction of someone that takes the time and effort to find the research and present it for people's edification is frankly spiteful and shameful in the extreme. You can't bully me Twink. This clap trap and personal rhetoric of yours simply rolls off me. It does show you for the person you are though. I remain undeterred in my enthusiasm to inform as many people as possible of the salient facts and to encourage them to do their research. Anyone who opposes people doing their research is imho, rather unkind.

Again you show yourself to be wholly uninformed. You can only prove the efficacy of something by testing it under very rigorous conditions and ensuring that the tests are completely impartial. Cochrane ARE the defacto bencchmark organisation for impartial testing. That's fact.
Cochrane has 10s of 1000s of HIGHLY QUALIFIED medical staff in ALL fields of the medical industry.

That you won't accept this authority is an indication of your bloodyminded stubbornness born out of the frustration that you can't provide any argument against the facts. Very very poor show indeed.

The bottom loine for all people considering the flu vaccine is
simple. DO THE RESEARCH.

Gather ALL the available evidence, understand that most of it will never be gleaned from your local GP. Read, read, read, digest and then do it all again.

Make an INFORMED decision not one based on fear and on wicked statements that you might suddenly die which are designed to stop you doing the research.

I do what I feel is right. I will continue to do so while so many of you privately tell me you are grateful for the information.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 01:04 PM

Thanks Meg, let's hope this is the end of this years " Flu Jab argument"!
Not so.

Just because you and Meg think a certain way doesn't cut the mustard for others.

I can't belive you STILL think that having the jab prevents you from catching the 'flu...it doesnt!!

At best it might, and it's a slim 'might', cause it to be less severe, at worst you'd be better off with a daily dose of elderberry syrup.

Why do you two plus Mups, Bratti, Annie, turn an interesting argument into an offensive personal vendetta against someone who is simply presenting you with facts to read.

If you don't want to read it then why can't you do what you're always advocating and simply ignore the posts?

Your fun at his expense is simply embarrassing.
Tara had to endure it, so did Julie, from different people, but it's not a good 'look' for the forum.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 01:35 PM

“Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world...would do this, it would change the earth.”

William Faulkner
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
“Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world...would do this, it would change the earth.”

William Faulkner
You are making yourself look daft, hopefully nobody takes you seriously.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

11-09-2018, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I care not whether anyone takes ME seriously.

I care deeply that people take the facts and evidence seriously. It's vital for their health and that of their loved ones imho.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
And you madam have just made yourself appear even dafter!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 01:45 PM

Here’s MY reason ruthio.
Because he was kindly and politely ASKED NOT TO!!! ( period)
If someone asks in THEIR thread NOT to post information that is upsetting to others , many others, and you still keep doing it, it’s looked at as a form of aggression. If I was walking down the road with my dogs and someone came up to me and started lecturing me about stuff I DID NOT want to hear and I verbally expressed how I felt about it but they just kept talking and bothering me then, believe it or not, it’s a form of abuse. It’s unwanted and the if person KNOWS IT but doesn’t care, it’s considered rude & INCONSIDERATE!

What realspeed is doing on the forum is the equivalent of a person following you around and lecturing you without your consent. It’s the exact opposite of being gentlemanly and in my opinion people at this site deserve to be treated with respect and common courtesy which doesn’t seem all too common for realspeed. He just DOES NOT care that members don’t like it.

I’m actually shocked that you’d turn this around into US being rude and aggressive.

Page 12 of 56 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top