Join for free
Page 21 of 56 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 10:00 PM

Re: Flu jab 2018 booked

Originally Posted by Realist ->
It didn't keep you free of flu. You've simply associated an outcome with a cause arbitrarily.
Rubbish! Strangely though, I rarely caught a cold in all those years either even though I used have colds every year before.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 11:13 PM

I'm in two minds on the effectiveness of the flu jab.

I just don't know. I will probably end up getting it like I have every year bar one.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I'm in two minds on the effectiveness of the flu jab.
Did you follow the links and read the results of the studies?

Esp Cochrane?

If so how can you be in two minds?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 04:08 AM

I was prone to catching colds for many years always after Christmas, probably because my immune system was shot after copious drinks, so I had my first flu jab a few years ago.

Suddenly I suffered the most horrific flu from Hell and was off sick for two weeks. I haven't had a flu jab since.

I then found out that they don't safeguard you against all flu and colds, but only certain strains of it. In other words they may be useless.

To be perfectly honest, if you keep warm in the house and wrap up in bed, eat plenty of good and healthy food and drinks and stay away from infected persons you should be okay.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 04:56 AM

That is similar to what happened to me Floydy although I didn't have the real flu after the first jab just blamed it for having lots of colds and sinusitis in the two years that followed. That may have been down to quitting smoking though. I became very anti flu jab, refused to have another jab and 9 years later I contracted the real flu and have been having the jab ever since.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
After 19 pages I am still going to have my flu jab.

Has anyone else booked theirs yet?
I had a text from my surgery,re:flu jab,my doctor advised me to have it,when I am up to it,I will definitely be attending..
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You seem very much alive Twink! It's amazing you have survived!

Hang in there with us Mups!
I am very much alive Annie, and I have had one every year for at least 25 years!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That is similar to what happened to me Floydy although I didn't have the real flu after the first jab just blamed it for having lots of colds and sinusitis in the two years that followed. That may have been down to quitting smoking though. I became very anti flu jab, refused to have another jab and 9 years later I contracted the real flu and have been having the jab ever since.

I am sure I had the flu,this year Annie,I think it was July August time,I had to put my operation off,because of it,I had all the symptoms,and it came on suddenly,took me a few weeks to get over it,knocked me for six.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 07:44 AM

I've had a low grade viral flu just recently, only my body temperature was normal else I would have been off to the haemotology ward again.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by "Ffosse
"I've had a low grade viral flu just recently
That's actually a good thing Ffosse

The truth is, when your body's own immune system develops NATURALLY it is far far more effective and potent than the artifical generation of antibodies that are triggered when people have vaccinations. The difference is huge.

That's what anti bodies produced after vaccination simply don't last whereas NATURAL immunity lasts far longer.

You just can't beat Nature to be honest.

You'll be better off for having suffered and fought through a virus. As both myself and Floydy have said, all you have to do is prioritise your immune system and respect your body for what it is.

Since we are already approaching annual flu season it's important to start building up the immune system right now before all those who do have flu (esp the ones who have been vaccinated) start coughing and breathing out their germs to everyone else.

It's funny isn't it how cold and flu viruses suddenly appear at this time of year. I wonder, do people actually believe that viruses go on holiday in some far away place for the rest of the year?!!! Wouldn't surprise me if some of the numpties on here actually did !

I wonder where all the viruses come from suddenly this time of year when millions of people are coincidentally having their flu shots around the same time?

I've already begun making my concentarted lemon, ginger and honey drinks. Made a potful yesterday. Also sprinked some crushed echinacea tablets in it too and some sage drops. I have a bottle of Oregano Oil on order too which should arrive today hopefully.

Eat plenty of garlic by which I mean put at least 3 cloves of it in your meals (like chilli or pastas or stews etc). Have garlic as often as you can, every other day or more.

Eat plenty of citrus fruit is your diet/meds permit. Grapefruits, oranges, lemons etc.

In the battle against bugs and viruses, having Nature on your side is like having Mike Tyson in the boxing ring with you whereas those who don't look after their immune system and get a useless vaccine are stepping into the ring with Charles Hawtrey !!

Page 21 of 56 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top