Join for free
Page 4 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 11:00 AM

Re: Serious problems with flu shot safety and effectiveness

I've been spreading powder around the garden to keep the elephants off, and do you know what.....There hasn't been one elephant trample my borders ever since....

The flu vaccine only (allegedly) protects you against one strain of flu. There are hundreds of thousands of different strains, and they guess which one to protect against......
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I've been spreading powder around the garden to keep the elephants off, and do you know what.....There hasn't been one elephant trample my borders ever since....

The flu vaccine only (allegedly) protects you against one strain of flu. There are hundreds of thousands of different strains, and they guess which one to protect against......
Yes Foxy, You are exactly right, it does not protect you for every strain of flu. In fact, it’s like playing Russian Roulette.

I also wonder, how many would have the flu injection if it wasn’t free?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yes Foxy, You are exactly right, it does not protect you for every strain of flu. In fact, it’s like playing Russian Roulette.

I also wonder, how many would have the flu injection if wasn’t free?
Good point Arty....
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
it is not 'his opinion' I object to in the least
In point of fact it is not my "opinion" whatsoever that I post up in flu related threads. It is factual information from reliable bodies in the medical research industry and factual statistics from government outputs and the like. I always provide the links and source reference for those facts.

Let's be honest here. What you and the other "NHS apologists" and medical industry sympathisers (employees?) don't like is being flatly presented with such info and data. Which is understandable. It IS frustrating when black and white fact knocks unsound emotional rhetoric for six every time. That's not my problem. Readers have to confront the social conditioning they have been subjected to and come to the truth in their own way. I simply provide the facts, nothing more.

it is the way he puts it over and rams it down our throats with a giant shovel at every opportunity, every year without fail.
It's called discourse and debate. If you are going to stand up in a debate and make an assertion or are going to refute facts that have been presented, then you are absolutely going to be challenged to put up the facts and associated reference links to support your side. I 100% welcome anyone to do so, always have. However no-one thus far has done so. The very fact that no-one has so refuted any fact that I have provided here in all this time should be testimony enough for some to draw their conclusions on this whole issue.

He can't just say his piece and leave it at that. He is obsessed with it all. All information is available if people want to look it up for themselves, and if they don't, it is NOT his problem.
This is just your frustration coming through. You don't like the facts simple as and you'd prefer that those facts were not readily available here. I don't agree with that approach. Issues like this are difficult for many people. They challenge their world, their understanding of the health services and medical industry and create dilemmas.

'Should I vaccinate my child or not?'

'Would I be a bad parent if I didn't?'

'Should I get myself vaccinated or not?'

'Will I die if I don't?'

and so on

We 100% SHOULD NOT make it difficult for people to get at the salient information and detail on such issues imho. You say they can 'look it up for themselves' but really what you would like is for that process to be uber difficult. You'd like all flu discussion merged into one ginormous thread with 100s or 1000s of pages that frankly no-one is likely to want to wade through.

I prefer open and CURRENT discourse every time. The flu vaccine can change every year and there's absolutely no problem creating new threads about it every year. People need to know the facts.

He needs to do what is best for him and his family and stop trying to force his views on everyone else.
Again these are not my views. I simply post up the facts and provide the source links. Why would you want someone to stop that, other than to censor, suppress and otherwise hide such information?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Actually there are typically 3 different strains included in any given vaccine OGF but the principle remains the same as you correctly highlight.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 01:59 PM

Well had mine this morning, little ice on it as was suggested and it's not even come up as small lump as usual. Nurse mentioned if I had any worries to let her know as she realised there were a lot of anti vaccers out there in internet land ready to worry us to death but I said it was fine, I'm used to the yearly scaremongers and we chatted about the weather and our knitting and I came home.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 05:14 PM

3 flu strains are covered in the trivalent (over 65s) and four flu strains in the quadrivalent (at risk under 65s). The quadrivalent vacs should contain :

A/Michigan/45/2015 (H1N1)pdm09
A/Singapore/INFIMH-16-0019/2016 (H3N2)
B/Colorado/06/2017-like virus (B/Victoria/2/87 lineage)
B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus (B/Yamagata/16/88 lineage)

Trivalent should contain :

A/Michigan/45/2015 (H1N1)pdm09
A/Singapore/INFIMH-16-0019/2016 (H3N2)
B/Colorado/06/2017-like virus (B/Victoria/2/87 lineage)
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

I also wonder, how many would have the flu injection if it wasn’t free?
A nurse told me that the flu shot protects against 6 strains of flu, the pneumonia jab protects against 25 strains of pneumonia.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 05:32 PM

I believe they do their best to predict most likely ones we need each year. If we had to pay ? well first three years I did pay so I would still have it as would steven and gracie.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 06:01 PM

Realist, you are so, so wrong in your assumptions of me, you couldn't be more off the mark if you tried. You have no idea whatsoever about me or my life, so please do not call me "NHS apologist" as you haven't a clue.

You won't of course, sensibly consider the reasons people don't dispute your "facts", you assume it is because they must therefore agree.
Does it not enter your head it may also be because they simply can't be bothered, tired of hearing it?

Those that want to "debate" already do so. It is their choice.

Those who don't want to be part of it, say nothing.

But saying nothing does not mean they automatically agree with you!
This is precisely what I mean by your pompous attitude. In fact, your attitude is the very thing that puts me off your posts, because to me there is a big difference between "debate" and "lecture."

In my opinion you do not just explain something, then let people make their own minds up , you go on . . . and on . . . and on . . . just repeating the info on the same topic from about Sept - March, every single year without fail.

What ever others decide to do is not going to effect your life, your family, or you, so why on earth don't you let people make their own decisions once you have made your point?
It is because you can't stop isn't it, I still say it's like an obsession or a need to control.

You can rattle on happily till next March now, with no more interference from me, as - unlike you - I have said all I want to say now.

Page 4 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top