Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 04:22 PM

Re: Comic Relief/Red Nose Day

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I see that the annual `take` has potentially been reduced by £16M from last year's effort - wonder why that is?

Probably a mixture of reasons Judsy.
People are fed up with the same thing every year - or dislike the host, but also I think lots of folks haven't got the spare money to donate anyway at the mo. It's all they can do to keep their own heads above water.

Sunday morning tv is the worst ever for begging money. Every 15 mins there is a different charity on in the adverts, showing appalling bits of film of neglect and cruelty and asking for donations, whether it be for kids in Africa needing clean water or surgery, or horribly abused animals.
I have to mute them all.

Even worse than repeated ads every 15 mins or so and what really pee's me off, is the fact that these charities no longer seem to want a one-off donation to help, they want permanent ongoing donations for the amounts they set!
Ruddy cheek!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 05:57 PM

Re: Comic Relief/Red Nose Day

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Probably a mixture of reasons Judsy.
People are fed up with the same thing every year - or dislike the host, but also I think lots of folks haven't got the spare money to donate anyway at the mo. It's all they can do to keep their own heads above water.

Sunday morning tv is the worst ever for begging money. Every 15 mins there is a different charity on in the adverts, showing appalling bits of film of neglect and cruelty and asking for donations, whether it be for kids in Africa needing clean water or surgery, or horribly abused animals.
I have to mute them all.

Even worse than repeated ads every 15 mins or so and what really pee's me off, is the fact that these charities no longer seem to want a one-off donation to help, they want permanent ongoing donations for the amounts they set!
Ruddy cheek!
That's one reason, but another bone of contention was David Lammy's racist anti-white comments declaring that black Africans don't need white saviours - this from a man who has benefitted greatly from living in a predominantly white country. His personal income including expenses now amount to £3.6M. Wonder if he'll donate any of that to C-i-N?
One more reason is that C-i-N gave £100,000 to BLM, a Marxist movement who also sit on a vast fortune but have yet to spend any of it on improving the life of the Black community.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top