Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 02:27 PM

The Weekly Whinge

This thread is for those who wish to bring whingers and whiners to our attention.

I'll start the ball rolling with this one. A woman buys a `dream home` eleven feet away from a busy main road then complains about the noise and demands that the speed limit along that stretch be reduced to 40MPH. Serves her right IMO, if she's daft enough to buy it, she should put up with the consequences rather than try to make others take responsibility for her mistake.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ream-home.html
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 02:34 PM

Re: The Weekly Whinge

Rather like the folk who buy homes in the country next to a farm and complain about the smell, the livestock making noises, the tractors using the roads, - etc. etc.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
This thread is for those who wish to bring whingers and whiners to our attention.

I'll start the ball rolling with this one. A woman buys a `dream home` eleven feet away from a busy main road then complains about the noise and demands that the speed limit along that stretch be reduced to 40MPH. Serves her right IMO, if she's daft enough to buy it, she should put up with the consequences rather than try to make others take responsibility for her mistake.

Yes l saw that one Juddy !! Thought the same too. !!
What a drongo??

Donkeyman! 👍🤗🤗👍
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetsue ->
Rather like the folk who buy homes in the country next to a farm and complain about the smell, the livestock making noises, the tractors using the roads, - etc. etc.
And the one who fought, and won, to have the parish church's bell to stop ringing when she moved into the village.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 03:16 PM

Another example .....

Where I live, the local authority took the decision to sell off the houses which stood alongside or in the school grounds which used to house the Janitors. One couple, taking advantage of the 'decent' asking price, moved in and then promptly complained about the noise made by the school pupils!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetsue ->
Exactly, Living on a farm I know all about that. Our village is 2 miles away but at times when the winds in the right direction.......
Also, my OH is the first person they come crying to if they need the tractor to pull them out of a ditch or somewhere else their car is stuck.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

I saw that and had to laugh at the stupidity of the woman .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 05:05 PM

I agree with you Judd. Silly woman.
That's probably why the previous people sold up, too.

It's like people who buy houses next door to a pub, then complain about noisy drunks, and car door slamming all the time.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 05:09 PM

The woman who complained about a cock crowing early mornings. She had chosen to move to a house near a small holding. She kicked up such a fuss to the council the cockerels owner had to get rid of it. That is so wrong, ruddy incomers.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
The woman who complained about a cock crowing early mornings. She had chosen to move to a house near a small holding. She kicked up such a fuss to the council the cockerels owner had to get rid of it. That is so wrong, ruddy incomers.
HAH, Tell me about it. Incomers can be a real pain, especially if they have come from a large City.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top