Join for free
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 02:57 PM

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe has just been sentenced to a further 1 year in prison after being found guilty of what the Iranians claim is `propaganda activities`.

Sounds like another trumped-up charge to me. It's obvious that she is being used as a political pawn in Iran's latest nuclear machinations. She hasn't been taken to jail yet, but if the Iranians had the slightest bit of decency, they would release her.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56888938
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 03:05 PM

Re: Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Hi

All down to Boris and his stupid remarks when he was Foreign Secretary.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I thought it was down to all the Iranian money the UK Government is withholding and refusing to return to them.
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 03:22 PM

Poor woman I feel so sorry for her.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I thought it was down to all the Iranian money the UK Government is withholding and refusing to return to them.
Exactly this.

Iranian rulers have hated the UK for a very long time - since 1979 and the revolution in fact which is when the alleged debt for what remained of an order for UK-made tanks arose.

The deposed Iranian Shah was a western ally and the November 1979 seizing by Iran of the USA embassy in Tehran didn't exactly lead to friendly relationships.
Sadly things have not improved very much since then as we can all see with Iran's determination to become one of the world's nuclear powers; who in their right mind would not be concerned at from an Islamic extremist state?

Sadly Nazanin is just one in a very long line of people kidnapped and ransomed (or worse, executed) by Iran over the decades since their revolution.
Personally I would rather people do not bow to the demands of such extremists and pay huge fortunes for the release of their citizens like Obama did, for example.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nothing to do with BoJo.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by RJG ->
Poor woman I feel so sorry for her.
I don't. She knew precisely what she was doing and knowingly pushed her luck probably in the hope that any brouhaha would get further publicity with few consequences. Well she got it wrong. It's none of our business. Apart from anything else having dual nationality with Iran results in her being subject to Iranian law when in Iran.

Suck it up lady.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top