Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 01:29 PM

In Memoriam

Today is the eighth anniversary of the brutal killing of Lee Rigby and the fourth anniversary of the Manchester Arena bombing where twenty-two people lost their lives, the youngest being 8-year-old Saffie Roussos, and what do Norwich City Council choose to do? Commemorate the murder of a career criminal thousands of miles away by lighting up their city hall in yellow, pink, and turquoise lights.

A Labour controlled council naturally.

Bloody disgraceful.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 02:10 PM

Re: In Memoriam

^^^ exactly right.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Today is the eighth anniversary of the brutal killing of Lee Rigby and the fourth anniversary of the Manchester Arena bombing where twenty-two people lost their lives, the youngest being 8-year-old Saffie Roussos, and what do Norwich City Council choose to do? Commemorate the murder of a career criminal thousands of miles away by lighting up their city hall in yellow, pink, and turquoise lights.

A Labour controlled council naturally.

Bloody disgraceful.
Without even bringing politics into it the above are exactly my thoughts!

There could have been no lights but a mention of all three in some way, that would at least have more fairly represented all tax payers who now pay the bill for lighting up the city hall!

This country has definitely 'lost its way'!

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/norwich...-floyd-7992188

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...ipped-10479632
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 02:45 PM

One could come closer to understanding this if Floyd had been an advocate for the movement and who got killed as a consequence of his involvement.

But, he was not and his death was an (avoidable on many fronts) consequence of him trying to steal a packet of cigarettes by diddling a store.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
This country has definitely 'lost its way'!
Since when did we all look to Norwich to lead the way?
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
his death was an (avoidable on many fronts) consequence of him trying to steal a packet of cigarettes by diddling a store.
And he could have made it even more avoidable by not being black.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I do think the policeman concerned was wrong, but would it have become such an international interest if the black lives matter didn't make it so?
It seems like everybody is racist these days, but perhaps people from the middle east should take some of the blame, when their terrorists are sending young suicide bombers into other countries to kill innocent people, in the name of Islam.
Not all Muslims are bad , but until the Islamist religion accept that Muslims , who kill non Muslims, are just evil murderers then world will become more racist.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Those are your words, not mine.

Although Chauvin was correctly convicted for murder and had a somewhat chequered past in terms of complaints and disciplinary proceedings against him, to my knowledge (I suspect I'm in for a hiding to nothing for my ignorance!)...there was no evidence that his actions were racist and thus exacerbated by colour of skin.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 03:56 PM

Thanks for the reminder Judd.

It is typical that on the anniversary of his violent death there are no vigils, no special anniversary programmes on the BBC, no ongoing public enquiries and no one 'taking the knee' or should that be 'taking the head'? seeing that Rigby was all but decapitated.

The problem of course is that he was white and white lives don't matter any more.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

22-05-2021, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Those are your words, not mine.
I was thinking the very same thing as I typed them out, Dex.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top