Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2016, 11:52 AM

Re: Cassius Clay AKA Mohammed Ali

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I think he was a very nasty individual. A lot of other black people have down much more for black America than clay, imo!
Oh dear!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2016, 12:03 PM

I admired Martin Luther King, now there was a hero for his cause.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2016, 12:30 PM

I admired Martin Luther King, now there was a hero for his cause.
There have been many who worked for that cause and, unless you know them personally, how can you say any of them are bad or nice people? Most tend to judge celebrities by what they see on TV and in magazines, but I just applaud people for the good things they do.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2016, 01:01 PM

Used to rather like watching him .. he had real character.

I always wondered why he changed his name and assume it was because he got religion. Wasn't he a draft dodger too?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2016, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Used to rather like watching him .. he had real character.

I always wondered why he changed his name and assume it was because he got religion. Wasn't he a draft dodger too?
From what he said I think he viewed Cassius Clay to be a slave name and I assume his Muslim friends persuaded him to change it.
saphire17
England
saphire17 is female  saphire17 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2016, 01:20 PM

Will never be forgotten that's for sure. (Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee.)just remember that was Ali.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2016, 01:25 PM

How anyone could think his disgusting antics were funny or appealing beats me.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2016, 01:28 PM

How anyone could think his disgusting antics were funny or appealing beats me.
Please let us know what you feel are his disgusting antics. ?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

04-06-2016, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Please let us know what you feel are his disgusting antics. ?
Saying he was the greatest etc, YUCK!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2016, 01:42 PM

Saying he was the greatest etc, YUCK!
He was though at boxing, so not disgusting antics at all just the truth and showmanship in his career.

Muhammad Ali has supported the following charities listed on this site:

Ali Care Program
Andrea Bocelli Foundation
Athletes For Hope
BeatBullying
Buoniconti Fund To Cure Paralysis
Celebrity Fight Night Foundation
HELP USA
Jeff Gordon Children's Foundation
Keep Memory Alive
Michael J. Fox Foundation

Muhammad Ali Center
Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center
Parkinson Society Maritime Region
Project A.L.S.
Special Olympics
The HollyRod Foundation
The Miami Project
UNICEF
Watering Seeds Organization

Muhammad Ali is important in many ways. First, his boxing career success inspired many people to follow their dreams to attain greatness. Second, Muhammad Ali and Peter Arnell founded G.O.A.T. (Greatest of All Time) (Our). G.O.A.T. is a food and beverage company that seeks to inspire young adults to eat smarter, to live healthier lives, and to rise above their current status. G.O.A.T. products are expected to come out early next year. Third, Muhammad Ali has raised over fifty million dollars for charities throughout the world. Finally, although Ali retired from the sport in 1981, he showed his love for it by inspiring the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act. This act promotes fairness in boxing.
I have learned many new things about Muhammad Ali. Previously, I thought he was the greatest boxer of all time, however after my researching, I think he is one of the greatest persons of all time. I never would have guessed that by the time he was 19 years old he had already won six Kentucky Golden Gloves, two National Golden Gloves, two National AAU Titles, and an Olympic gold medal (Howard). I never knew that Ali refused to join the army because of his religion. Because of this, his boxing license was cancelled. He was stripped of his title, and was sentenced to five years in prison for draft evasion. The Supreme Court, however, reversed the draft evasion conviction on June 29, 1971, and Ali continued his boxing career. I did not know that Muhammad Ali was honored as a United Nations messenger of peace and went to Iraq in 1990 to negotiate and successfully get fifteen United States hostages released. Ali also received the Medal of Freedom last November.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top