Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 06:20 PM

Re: What Do You Do With Your Till Receipts?

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Do you know I was going to start a thread about till receipts yesterday.

I went through a whole draw full Art..chucked most of them.

You need to keep some, otherwise if you return in Wilko, they won’t let you exchange if you don’t have your till receipt.
Pauline, It’s funny you should say that as these are the bags of receipts l need to sort, or dispose of.....

I am feeling very embarrassed....

Security Alert... l have decided to remove the pic as my bank numbers might be able to be deciphered!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 06:50 PM

I always keep petrol receipts when I’ve filled up, at least a week..
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 07:22 PM

I've never been good with those little bits of paper and checking bank statements to see if I've been ripped off. I just do a mental thing like round it all up or down see if looks about right.

But now I'm paying for lots of little bits, coffee, burger, beer, contactless! more little bits of IZAL, more confusion, more scope for rip offs.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 08:17 PM

I was shocked at how many receipts I had collected.

I didn’t dare add them all up....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I've never been good with those little bits of paper and checking bank statements to see if I've been ripped off. I just do a mental thing like round it all up or down see if looks about right.

But now I'm paying for lots of little bits, coffee, burger, beer, contactless! more little bits of IZAL, more confusion, more scope for rip offs.
Yeah right.

I bet your there with a tooth and comb... and no doubt “ camera”...I reckon you sleep with it.....😂🤣😅
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

08-07-2021, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I always keep petrol receipts when I’ve filled up, at least a week..

As long as they don’t “ ignite” you should be fine.....
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Refuse them at the checkout?
Check and bin them on the way out of the store?
Just leave it in the shopping trolley?
Keep them for a while and then dispose of them by shredding, burning, or just put them in the dustbin?

You do check them, don’t you?
Any receipts over $100 for a single item I keep.
I have a expanding file for high dollar receipts and user manuals. I also keep the box the item came in (used to drive my wife crazy), but if I decide to sell it later I have the box it came in and the manual.
Any other receipts check them and toss them in the rubbish.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
As long as they don’t “ ignite” you should be fine.....
I keep them for 2 reasons
1, just in case there’s a problem with the stations anpr and think I’ve driven off without paying
2, if there’s any issues with the quality of fuel that causes damage to the engine/ fuel system then I have proof of purchase….
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 11:04 AM

Keep clothing etc sperate until I am satisfied especially as you cannot try anything on these days at all. Usually within the same week if being returned. Shopping I self scan with the doodah hand scanner as I walk round like that keep old receipts in an old biscuit barrel then burn once kinda full.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 11:30 AM

It depends what the receipts are for.
Grocery store bills get tossed right way
Things we’ve purchased that may need returning we usually keep for a while and then throw them out. When we had our small business, we kept them all.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top