Join for free
Page 10 of 17 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 02:51 PM

Re: Cats and Idiots.

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
If anyone is incapable of accepting life as it is and feels they have to defend their pad from people walking on their turf a commercial electric fencer correctly installed with the correct signage would probably be the safest solution. Seems daft to me. Just chill out and go with flow.

As I've already said, a simple loud alarm is a good deterrent.

No need for razor wire at all - unless he guards the crown jewels in his shed.
Razor wire is indiscriminate who it hurts, so expect trouble ahead.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 06:32 PM

Hi

So much response and advice .

It is my garden, I value my wild birds above cats.

I most certainly do not want human idiots in my garden.

I comply with all legal requirements for using it.

I find it quite funny that those who complain advocate taking action against a human who is attacking a bird, but who complain about a human protecting birds from cats.

Criminals take no notice of CCTV, a balaclava and glasses defeat it.

I am not moving, end of.

So many experts on here who have no real life experience of dealing with pillocks.

All talk, no action.

I am not being scared by idiots and will not be a victim.

The razor wire will comply with every legal requirement and will be used on three gardens, not just mine.

We will have a protected cell with tunnels for the old cat next door to wonder through either side.

It often comes through for a stroke and to sunbathe in the conservatory.

It has water and treats.

The idiots, the humans, can sod off.

Criminality is everywhere, it is worse in rich areas.

I am not moving.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 06:41 PM

If you like birds why not plant Pyracantha it’s has lovely bright berries that birds love to eat and is a very prickly people deterrent.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
If you like birds why not plant Pyracantha it’s has lovely bright berries that birds love to eat and is a very prickly people deterrent.
Hi

No deterrent at all against a determined human.

Razor wire scares them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

So much response and advice .

It is my garden, I value my wild birds above cats.

I most certainly do not want human idiots in my garden.

I comply with all legal requirements for using it.

I find it quite funny that those who complain advocate taking action against a human who is attacking a bird, but who complain about a human protecting birds from cats.

Criminals take no notice of CCTV, a balaclava and glasses defeat it.

I am not moving, end of.

So many experts on here who have no real life experience of dealing with pillocks.

All talk, no action.

I am not being scared by idiots and will not be a victim.

The razor wire will comply with every legal requirement and will be used on three gardens, not just mine.

We will have a protected cell with tunnels for the old cat next door to wonder through either side.

It often comes through for a stroke and to sunbathe in the conservatory.

It has water and treats.

The idiots, the humans, can sod off.

Criminality is everywhere, it is worse in rich areas.

I am not moving.

You still haven't said why you don't have an alarm.
They can wear as many balaclavas as they like, but it won't stop an alarm sounding off.

As for the other hi-lighted comments Swim, why start a thread then get ratty when people offer their opinion?

Is it OK to reply, but only if everyone agrees with you?

People are only offering their advice, that's all.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You still haven't said why you don't have an alarm.
They can wear as many balaclavas as they like, but it won't stop an alarm sounding off.

As for the other hi-lighted comments Swim, why start a thread then get ratty when people offer their opinion?

Is it OK to reply, but only if everyone agrees with you?

People are only offering their advice, that's all.
I agree, Mups...
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 07:01 PM

I give up.

Swim feeders you post people worry about you offer advice and or suggestions; I for one assume you would not post if you did not want to start a conversation. I wish you well and shall endeavour not to "worry about you"
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

13-07-2021, 07:06 PM

Hi

Nope, I accept people have different views and that I am not not always right.

I often change my views on things.

I am often wrong. unlike others who are always right and who lie and troll continually.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
One last time - this works - it doesn't hurt the cats and does not effect other wildlife - birds, hedgehogs etc.,

https://cat-repellent.co.uk/?gclid=C...IaAtFmEALw_wcB

It is £59 - but if it does the job isn't it worth it?
Well done Tabby .... and not a bad price if it truly does do the job.

This thread has shown how quickly cat lover/owners jump to defend their misbehaving moggies.

Did I read, or did I not .. where someone (might have been Twink) even suggested it was no problem to go around your garden and scoop up cat chit ...
Yes, I know cats are independent souls and it's hard to restrain or contain them but it has to be said, some cat owners don't give a toss where their moggy mucks.

At least dog owners tend to be more considerate and conscious of the impact their dog can have on pavements.

There's nothing for it ... in the absence of poop scoops moggy owners will have to make sure their moggies are suitably attired in hazard gear when they go out ... wearing a neat, tightly velcroed nappy.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope, I accept people have different views and that I am not not always right.

I often change my views on things.

I am often wrong. unlike others who are always right and who lie and troll continually.
I do hope that last sentence is not aimed in my direction Sir.

Page 10 of 17 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top