Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 11:19 AM

Re: Homelessness

Thanks Dianne.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
You seem to be in an agreeable mood today Pixie ??

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Donkeyman, I am always agreeable, am I not? Oh apart from that one time when....yeah, and that other time when someone said....ok, I'll amend that to generally agreeable
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 11:39 AM

Here's some "pop-up" temporary accommodation in London. I've heard of shipping containers being used too.

DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 11:46 AM

Shipping Containers have been used for a fair time now and not necessarily for the homeless, at all...
https://www.container-housing.co.uk

What bright colours...Feels so Countrified, not

Just trying to imagine the interiors now. Possibly though, glad it has a roof...and...............
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 12:01 PM

I welcome a different perspective- provided it can be substantiated with facts.
No facts = an opinion that I may not necessarily agree with
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Here's some "pop-up" temporary accommodation in London. I've heard of shipping containers being used too.

DooD we recycle shipping containers here as well to support micro businesses. It’s a win-win !
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
I welcome a different perspective- provided it can be substantiated with facts.
No facts = an opinion that I may not necessarily agree with
Well the presence of the UK welfare state is conclusive proof that there is absolutely no need for anyone to live "in the gutter".

Personally I would like to see the emergence of some form of communal living together with work where possible to offset the costs. Call it a workhouse if you want but need not be cruel and inhuman places such as in times past and in addition it would free up housing and reduce costs. All good. And I'm being VERY serious
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Well the presence of the UK welfare state is conclusive proof that there is absolutely no need for anyone to live "in the gutter".

Personally I would like to see the emergence of some form of communal living together with work where possible to offset the costs. Call it a workhouse if you want but need not be cruel and inhuman places such as in times past and in addition it would free up housing and reduce costs. All good. And I'm being VERY serious
Always thought you were a closet communist at heart TAT.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Always thought you were a closet communist at heart TAT.
LOL!

Think again!
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Please read the book " pavement for my pillow " Chris kitch is really is an opener her own personal truth of years of homelessness . Abused at a young age by stepfather and thrown out lived on the streets till her late 40s I believe. In her story she tells the absolute truth about her journey and that of friends . She eventually accepted help from nuns and if still.alive lives on a barge and has done for many years . She would beg for money and use it for hard drugs as would her friends . They were not hungry as always given food but it was alcohol and drugs they craved. An eye opening story and Chris Kitch ends her story by saying

" dont give money to the homeless as you keep them there "
I read that book and have to say a good friend of mine whose brother lived on the streets due to drugs and drink mainly drink he said to his sister the same almost "people give you food, bottle water, Lucozade, bags chips, pasties; its crap all want is the money to get a drink or drugs"

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top