Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 03:40 PM

What Do You Do With Your Till Receipts?

Refuse them at the checkout?
Check and bin them on the way out of the store?
Just leave it in the shopping trolley?
Keep them for a while and then dispose of them by shredding, burning, or just put them in the dustbin?

You do check them, don’t you?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 03:42 PM

Re: What Do You Do With Your Till Receipts?

I don't take them. If all my receipts were money, I would be a gageliionaire! So no, I do check my banking daily though and have a spreadsheet for it, so its all good.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 03:43 PM

Any single item over £25 keep for a few days then junk. Otherwise just junk.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 03:50 PM

Keep them to check against bank statements then shred them. When buying low cost items for cash such as newspapers, I normally say, "Forget the receipt, save the paper."
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

08-07-2021, 03:51 PM

If the price of my basket sounds about right, which I can calculate quickly for a small basket under about £15.00, then I'll refuse the receipt.

Anything much above £15.00, then it depends on the checkout assistant. I've been overcharged a few times by certain assistants (accidentally I hasten to add), so I'll take the receipt and check it before I leave.

One time a couple of years ago, I was charged approximately £23.00 for a small packet of soap powder and a packet of Weetabix!

It turined out that the assistant had scanned the Weetabix three times thinking that the scanner wasn't responding when actually it just wasn't processing the input quickly enough!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 03:58 PM

Check and collate them with my digital shopping list then .....

check them against my bank statement (when it's available) and process them through my digital financial accounting system then .....

shred them .....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Refuse them at the checkout?
Check and bin them on the way out of the store?
Just leave it in the shopping trolley?
Keep them for a while and then dispose of them by shredding, burning, or just put them in the dustbin?

You do check them, don’t you
?
Always before leaving the till - I total things up in my head as I shop - so I would know if the receipt was wrong. Then I keep them in the housekeeping book until the end of the month when I do my accounts - then discard them.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 04:25 PM

I always request one after the time, l bought a loaf of bread in my local small Tesco.
When asked if l wanted the receipt, l said no.

Just as l got to the door to go out l thought l would check if they had something that was out of stock on my last visit.
They didn’t, so l left the aisle and proceeded to the door. Next thing the security man was coming towards me.

I said, ‘I have paid for this bread already but l have no receipt’.
I didn’t like the look on his face and like in Crocodile Dundee. I shouted across to the checkout with people queuing, ‘l have paid for this bread, haven’t l?’
‘Yes, you have’, she confirmed.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

08-07-2021, 04:30 PM

Oh and the other day in Morrisons, l purchased a pack containing two packets of McVities Chocolate Digestive biscuits. The ticket for them stated, £1.50. Luckily, on leaving the store, l checked my receipt and l had been charged £3 for them.

I went back and got a refund. Morrison’s are the worst for overcharging. I always check my receipt there... after all, l am not a charity!
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

08-07-2021, 04:36 PM

And isn't it funny how they always over-charge and never under-charge?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top