Join for free
Page 19 of 21 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 11:31 PM

Re: Flouncing - What’s it all about

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
You obviously have nothing better to do for most of the day Muddy.
I reckon your a wannabe Mod.
My answer to that?
See ya.
Wouldn't wanna be ya!
Sarcasm is simply wasted on some people .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I can relate to that, not exactly but well on the way. Temper tantrum flouncing
Come to think of it ... it's the story of my life.

Another time .. me, my sister and Mum were walking back from the village pulling those trolleys. One each. It was the weekly food shop. Friday night.
We had a row. My sister slapped me across the face and she stalked off.
I turned to my mum as if to say 'Did you see that Mum!'
And all mum said was .. 'She left her trolley. Who's going to pull it home now'.

This must be why it came easily to me to look like a bag lady and one arm is longer than the other.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 11:36 PM

Oh I definitely have in real life
It's the safest bet if I've been tipped that far...
Because the alternative for me is a red mist, blow out
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Sarcasm is simply wasted on some people .
I wasn't meaning to be sarcastic at all Muddy.
I was just making an honest observation in respect of your antics around here.
Thats all!
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I dont flounce, I leave without a word and never go back.
I just flounced in here for a few minutes to see what is new and I noticed your post. You remind me of an old friend of mine.....
Illegitimi non carborundum
(she reminded me of a deer)
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 02:16 AM

Romantic Flouncing?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
I wasn't meaning to be sarcastic at all Muddy.
I was just making an honest observation in respect of your antics around here.
Thats all!
I Know you wasn't
I was...
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I've gotta ask ... has anyone flounced off in the real world?
Sure did, I had done favour after favour for a woman down the street, sewing, alterations, mending, even made a duvet, and never asked or wanted compensation.

Once I asked for a favour back which was to drive my hubby to the hospital for his surgery as I do not drive. She said she had to work that day as she did odd jobs. I paid for a taxi with a hefty price tag as we live in the country.

I knew she was lying, and going home saw her sitting at the table. Knocked on the door, told her that she could find herself another seamstress, major flounce off, and never talked to her again.

Had to smirk seeing her one time at the alterations kiosk at the mall.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
Sure did, I had done favour after favour for a woman down the street, sewing, alterations, mending, even made a duvet, and never asked or wanted compensation.

Once I asked for a favour back which was to drive my hubby to the hospital for his surgery as I do not drive. She said she had to work that day as she did odd jobs. I paid for a taxi with a hefty price tag as we live in the country.

I knew she was lying, and going home saw her sitting at the table. Knocked on the door, told her that she could find herself another seamstress, major flounce off, and never talked to her again.

Had to smirk seeing her one time at the alterations kiosk at the mall.
Mmm, some people Maple.
What a nasty woman.

I am trying to think if I have ever flounced in the real world.
No, I don't think so - I have too much to say when someone upsets me in the real world.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
Flouncing is something I see in most forums but there seems to be an awful lot of it in this particular forum. What is it all about? Is it just a cry for attention from people who think they are not getting enough attention / respect? I have always believed if you really want to leave a forum then you just do it, you stop posting, people who announce they are leaving invariably come back pretty damn quick.
Have you ever flounced? Was it a cry for attention or were you serious about quitting?
Agree agree agree!

I decided for reasons of my own, which I didn't post, being a woman of mystery (!!) but I did confide to a tiny handful of wonderful posters, to back out slowly, looking neither left nor right, and taking great care not to fall over or continue right round the revolving door back in again...to enter into a state of non-posting bliss for a month

This would've worked had it not been for my birthday getting in the way!

So... I'm back...but with renewed insight into what's worth caring about and what's not worth getting charged up about...I've even got my own private set of challenges for certain posters!!

I've certainly got my private list of those I admire most.

It's incredible what you notice when you just look in with your nose pressed up against the window

It wasn't a Flounce at all!
More of a Silent Retreat, to add to your brilliant list

You know what they say about Silent and Deadly?!

That makes me an Old Fart!

Page 19 of 21 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top