Join for free
Page 11 of 46 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

10-10-2011, 03:59 PM

Re: The 2011/2012 Football Season - Fans Thread

In my haste to set down the glorious details of Englands International teams latest exploits I forgot to include any mention of the other teams we talk about.
Very remiss of me and I apologise most profusely.

I read that last week Cowdenbeath played Raith Rovers in the Fife Cup final.
Sadly for the Blue Brazil they lost 3-0.

No better news either for Lincoln City as the red imps went down 4-0 to Tamworth. To make matters worse they did have a player sent off for a second bookable offence.

Not good John, it looks like Mr Tilson may soon be getting the DCM. (Don't Come Monday)

Lets all hope for better in our respective leagues.

P.S. Just got my online copy of The Claret & Blue magazine.
Listening to David Sullivan's opinion on Allardyce made me shudder and fear for my clubs future, simply tragic.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2011, 04:31 PM

Hammer, by all accounts Lincoln were as bad as it gets.As for Tilson and his no2. Paul Brush, they are still around the place as I speak. Talking of Brush, might as well get Basil Brush as manager, before he's off to Panto. Thats also appropriate, as its been a Pantomime all season. I think I'll start watching park football, can't be any worse than the rubbish down at Sincil Bank.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2011, 07:25 PM

Thanks Hammer for the update on Cowdenbeath, 3-0 is not bad, we can handle that. The 'Beath goes on.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2011, 08:36 PM

Well if people really do think that Wayne Rooney is our best player then we may as well stop at home instead of going to Euro 2012.
I see that the "wise one" Fabio Capello has said that he will play a fringe team in the friendly match against Spain at Wembley, sounds about right! What does the man use for a brain?? A perfect chance to match our best side against the Spaniards and he turns tail, what a plonker!

Hope that next weekend we will all be perhaps singing the praises of our various favourites, Lincoln due for a win John? hope so and maybe Jemflux will be writing about a win too, not forgetting Hammer and of course myself, big match against Man Utd!
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

10-10-2011, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Hammer, by all accounts Lincoln were as bad as it gets.As for Tilson and his no2. Paul Brush, they are still around the place as I speak. Talking of Brush, might as well get Basil Brush as manager, before he's off to Panto. Thats also appropriate, as its been a Pantomime all season. I think I'll start watching park football, can't be any worse than the rubbish down at Sincil Bank.
Blimey John, If I remember right Paul Brush came from the WHU Academy and played for us from the late seventies as a full back.
From what I remember he was a decent player but like so many find, a good player is not guaranteed to make a respectable manager or coach.
In the case of Harry Redknapp it was the other way round.
No, he was not a bad player but then again time dims the recollection.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2011, 10:12 AM

Breaking news Hammer, Tilson & Brush have just been given the tintack. Talk is of Mick Harford & Steve Thompson(a former player), being in the frame. Doe'snt get any better than that does it? Anyway, the good news. Those two hams Cannon & Ball are in town getting ready for this year's Panto.Position filled methinks! Might even give the dopey sods a couple of games!
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

11-10-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Breaking news Hammer, Tilson & Brush have just been given the tintack. Talk is of Mick Harford & Steve Thompson(a former player), being in the frame. Doe'snt get any better than that does it? Anyway, the good news. Those two hams Cannon & Ball are in town getting ready for this year's Panto.Position filled methinks! Might even give the dopey sods a couple of games!
Hi John, hopefully the news you were waiting for, let's really hope that things start to move in an upward direction and the next pair don't get the brush off.

More news this morning, I hear and read that the OPLC and the Government have announced that the Olympic Stadium deal with West Ham and Newham Council has collapsed.

On a personal level I hope our club never move in there but it strikes me a bit unfair. We win the bid fairly and expend a lot of dosh doing it only to find one of these so called superior, monied clubs like Spurs can lose appeal after appeal and yet still stop us.
There is something amiss here I think.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 09:42 PM

Well it seems that whoever does take charge at Sincil Bank will have a job and a half to do! Another home defeat last night leaves them right in the brown stuff, did you go Jim?
Hammer, you must be at least managing a bit of a smile after your favourites walloped Blackpool 4-0 and Cowdenbeath won again, beating Stirling Albion 2-0.
As for me, well Liverpool managed to draw with Man Utd 1-1 at Anfield with Steven Gerrard netting from a trademark free kick so I suppose it was better than losing.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire

16-10-2011, 04:29 PM

Nice to see Stevie G back for the reds, with a goal to boot. Liverpool could have won it, but Man U are a hard nut to crack. Hammer, you must be in seventh heaven. Even old "Olly" was nearly speechless, which takes some doing! As for my lot, enough said. Inept on Friday night against Fleetwood, might have well have played Fleetwood Mac instead(the group, not the music!).They're looking in the non leagues apparently for a new manager. Might even find Lord Lucan there!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2011, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bob.b ->
Well it seems that whoever does take charge at Sincil Bank will have a job and a half to do! Another home defeat last night leaves them right in the brown stuff, did you go Jim?
Hammer, you must be at least managing a bit of a smile after your favourites walloped Blackpool 4-0 and Cowdenbeath won again, beating Stirling Albion 2-0.
As for me, well Liverpool managed to draw with Man Utd 1-1 at Anfield with Steven Gerrard netting from a trademark free kick so I suppose it was better than losing.
Thank you Bob.b for that joyful news, I will hold my head up proudly when I walk into the pub tomorrow

Page 11 of 46 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top