Join for free
Page 331 of 370 « First < 231 281 321 329 330 331 332 333 341 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 12:15 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
OGF, what a brilliant account! I actually sat down with a cup of teat to give it a proper read. With the help of Google maps, I was able to understand the situation better; I do feel for those affected by the flooding. The flooding is making the news here too, though it's a shame that Fishlake is now...well...a fish lake (sorry, I couldn't resist). One of the things I realized when perusing the map is how many places you have to explore. I am sure you never tire of it, muddy or not!

This is the one time of year that I can run midday, so with a blue sky along with an empty sportsplex, I was able to run the big loops that take me to the river and pond. It was like it must have been when the dinosaurs roamed - primitive birds perched high in the trees looking menacingly down and herons standing like statures along the damp, fern-bordered banks. It felt great running 5.5 miles despite a good percentage of my muscles screaming that they now want a hot bath and massage. Alas there is laundry, bills, some tutoring, and phone calls all screaming louder .

Life is good, y'all. Mother nature is throwing at us all she's got and we are still standing .
Thanks Surfermom, much appreciated.
Yes it's ideal round here for running and outdoor pursuits, with open country just five minutes away in most directions, criss crossed with minor roads and lanes to get your teeth into....Or running shoes...
What the maps maybe don't show though, is how flat it is, so I have to travel a bit if I want hills...

I feel so sorry for the residents of Fishlake, and this close to Christmas, though it's still heartbreaking whatever the time of year.
What I don't understand though is; Fishlake has become a very desirable place to live over the last thirty years or so with new builds and barn conversions springing up everywhere, but my late Dad told me many stories about the flooding that took place in Fishlake when he was a boy, and nothing has been done to the flood defences since then, so how come nobody expected this to happen again in the future when it was so common back in his day....?

Anyway, it's nice to see you running and posting again Surfermom, I suppose it's easy for me because I've got bugger all else to do with my days....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 03:43 AM

It really is a shame about that flooding, especially with the holidays and cold weather coming. I can (sort of) understand the places that were restored, but how did the new buildings get past permitting, I wonder?

As crazy as it sounds to most people, I feel you pain for too much ease in having to run flat surfaces! I do have a trail system that has a series of hills - quite an interesting place, as it was once the hideout for Indians and Spanish explorers alike during 15th and 16th century hurricanes. As my only other options two bridges that are too heavily traversed and not worth breathing the exhaust, I spend most days as a flatlander.

Not today though. Life totally hijacked my running, blast it all. And blasting it was; wind chill factors were below freezing. Oh, the suffering .....tomorrow .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 10:26 AM

In addition to walking at least 2 miles per day I am working through the exercises recommended on the Preventing Diabetes Programme. Today I have done:-

Marching on the spot swinging the arms - to warm up.

Then 10 each of the following:-

Shoulder Circles
Spinal Twists
Toe Taps
Neck Rotations
Side Bends
Ankle Circles
Sit to Stand
Lat Pull Downs
Abductors
Chest Press
Single Leg Press
External Rotations
Triceps Press
Calf Raise
Biceps Curls
Hamstring Stretches
Chest Stretches
Quad Stretches
Inner Thigh Stretches
Calf Stretches
Triceps Stretches
Forearm Stretches
Neck Stretches
Shoulder Rolls

A lot of these using a Resistance Band. Aim to increase repeats to 15 at the week end.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 11:21 AM

That's brilliant Tabby and I hope you can keep them up....
You will certainly keep your body in the best of shape.....
I have difficulty doing anything indoors, except a few press ups and one minute of high intensity cycling each day.....Phew!....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That's brilliant Tabby and I hope you can keep them up....
You will certainly keep your body in the best of shape.....
I have difficulty doing anything indoors, except a few press ups and one minute of high intensity cycling each day.....Phew!....
Being as my walks take me through a small woodland or along the river bank - I can do a lot of my exercises out of doors, Foxy. Never anyone around when I go out - usually about 5:15am. I have the benefit of breathing 'green' clean air and it gives the local wildlife a laugh!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

14-11-2019, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Being as my walks take me through a small woodland or along the river bank - I can do a lot of my exercises out of doors, Foxy. Never anyone around when I go out - usually about 5:15am. I have the benefit of breathing 'green' clean air and it gives the local wildlife a laugh!

Have you thought it might be the Leotard they are laughing at Tabby....

Memo:- I must alter my running course....
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 04:26 PM

Hello lads and lasses! Sorry for the long absence but I've been keeping an eye on my mother, which took longer than I thought it would. I haven't been training since she took ill, and it looks like it will be a few months more. I had more breathing problems in the last 3 weeks and have been diagnosed with blood clots in both lungs and "in some of the lung arteries" (doctor being understandably vague there!). I'm allowed short walks on a daily basis and have to inject myself with anticoagulants for a few days while they organise a treatment plan.

My over-active immune system is also acting up, and my low chemo dose has been stopped until I get better, just to add to the fun. That said, I most definitely WILL get back on my feet, so to speak, and will hit the gym (with my doctor's permission) for light workouts.

Good luck all, and do an extra rep or lap for me.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

14-11-2019, 08:25 PM

Sorry to hear that Tachyon, please wish your Mum all the best from me and Mrs Fox.... Hugs for your Mum by the way....

It's good to hear that at least you have got a diagnosis and will be able to sort it out. We're missing you and Floydy's input on here, and hope that both of you will soon be up to scratch and raring to go. Until then, all the best for a speedy recovery Tachyon....
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 10:22 PM

Thanks OGF, I'll return to training soon I hope. Just injected first course of 2x60mg anticoagulant - needles only about 12mm long but they stung! - and another lot tomorrow, then tablets thereafter once I get prescribed with them. Off for a medicinal whiskey and early night.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Thanks OGF, I'll return to training soon I hope. Just injected first course of 2x60mg anticoagulant - needles only about 12mm long but they stung! - and another lot tomorrow, then tablets thereafter once I get prescribed with them. Off for a medicinal whiskey and early night.
Tachyon, I echo Bob's post here and wish you all the best in dealing with your health issues. Having to look after your mum will be doubly stressful and you have all my support bud.
Keep the short walks going, you need to do something to keep yourself reasonably active if you can. I've been there with this thing of mine, although it's pretty minor in comparison, but it hits us fitness-minded individuals like a boulder when we cannot do what we enjoy and love doing.
One day at a time mate and you'll get back there, believe me

Page 331 of 370 « First < 231 281 321 329 330 331 332 333 341 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top