Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 02:25 PM

Contracts with Talktalk

I have had my phone and broadband with Talk talk for many years now and changed my contract with them about 4 years ago.
My phone bill seemed higher than usual this month so I phoned to ask why. It was normally around £32 but had gone up to £45. There were lots of little reasons for this but I told them that, if that was the best they could do I would look elsewhere and ended the call.
About 2 hours later I got a call from talk talk saying I was such a loyal customer, they would like to try and reduce my bill and after a long discussion they managed to get it down to £25 a month, on a new contract that wouldn't change for 2 years.

I said if I was such a loyal customer, why hadn't they offered me this cheaper option sooner and this is what they said.....

People on renewed contracts always get the best deal but, after 2 years, when the contract expires, then we charge higher prices until you come back to us and request a renewed contact... and get the best deal again.
I don't like this method, but as all companies do it, you cannot change it.
I just thought I should tell all, who didn't know this, that if your contract comes to an end then you should call your providers and ask if there are any better deals or should you move elsewhere.?
It seems loyalty doesn't pay!
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 02:51 PM

Re: Contracts with Talktalk

Talk talk isn't now the company it once was. When my contract is up, I'm off.

I think the future is going to be searching out the best deals and switching after the one year contract is up.

Loyalty doesn't seem to count for much, these days.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
Talk talk isn't now the company it once was. When my contract is up, I'm off.

I think the future is going to be searching out the best deals and switching after the one year contract is up.

Loyalty doesn't seem to count for much, these days.
I agree but I didn't know, until this week, that long term customers bills increase, if they don't renew their contracts. I suppose that is why all the comparison web sites do so well.
Silbee
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 03:09 PM

I agreed about four months ago to renew my contract for eighteen months and negotiated the price down to twenty two pound per month.

I noticed this week I'm still paying the old price so will have to make a call.

They are next to useless these days.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 05:33 PM

Me too Silbee, I'd better check again but I think it's ok now.
I also had my mobile with them but had to remind them the contract was up and am now on sim only.
What really annoys me is I rarely use my house phone so the landline and broadband are costing twenty odd pounds a month.
I know it's BT who set the landline charges so there's little that can be done until the put cable in our village.
Silbee

01-02-2017, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Me too Silbee, I'd better check again but I think it's ok now.
I also had my mobile with them but had to remind them the contract was up and am now on sim only.
What really annoys me is I rarely use my house phone so the landline and broadband are costing twenty odd pounds a month.
I know it's BT who set the landline charges so there's little that can be done until the put cable in our village.
I wish I could get rid of my land line, too. It's only there for the internet.

I'm with giffgaff these days for my mobile, five pounds a month gets me all the minutes and texts I'll ever need.

I think it's a really good deal.

https://www.giffgaff.com/sim-only-plans
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2017, 04:41 PM

Our bill increased by quite a bit, too, Twink and we're looking at the comparison sites to see if we can do better,
I'm sure we can, but how I hate all this comparison stuff, probably get a better deal if we threatened to leave TalkTalk, by the sound of it.

Was thinking of PlusNet but since they're part of BT I'm reluctant to entertain them!!!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2017, 05:31 PM

I'm not with TalkTalk. But what bugs me is all the advertising and the big celebs they use - who must cost them a fortune in fees

Put the money into reducing the bills and the landline charges instead
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

02-02-2017, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Our bill increased by quite a bit, too, Twink and we're looking at the comparison sites to see if we can do better,
I'm sure we can, but how I hate all this comparison stuff, probably get a better deal if we threatened to leave TalkTalk, by the sound of it.

Was thinking of PlusNet but since they're part of BT I'm reluctant to entertain them!!!
I find that threatening to leave usually produces a better deal so try it. You have a cooling off period so, if you can get a better offer elsewhere, you have a few days to change your mind.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2017, 05:13 PM

Talk talk are now doing a deal via 'The big deal' fibre BB and phone calls all free, including to U.K. Mobiles. Line rental included, all for £25 a month.
I just called them to ask what about my line rental as I pay annual to save a few bob. They said I should get a refund for the remaining months.
I am with BT and my monthly cost is £47. If this is a good deal I would be saving£22 plus the line rental rebate.
Now my question is, how good is Talk talk service?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top