Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 04:33 PM

Re: coconut oil is pure poison!!

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Very much all looks like a purposeful media campaign to harm the coconut oil industry. I guess they must have their reasons, political or otherwise for that.
My thoughts exactly. Doctors get royalty like kick backs for supporting pharmaceutical drugs and heaven forbid that something organically natural could surpass that is unthinkable.

It does look like a media campaign to harm the coconut oil industry and their facts are not correct at all. The saturated fat in coconut all is a medium chained fatty acid that lowers bad cholesterol and helps all sorts of disorders including obesity, heart disease, diabetes, hyperthyroidism etc., etc., Maybe the fact that it IS so miraculous is why they feel threatened to enough to try and ruin its reputation.

Not for me. Coconut oil is still incredible and I would never consider giving it up due to one incorrect article.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 09:21 PM

Yep, it's a little like Carbohydrates which got a back rep years ago leading to people avoiding them and then becoming ill. It later transpired that there were actually Good Carbs and Bad Carbs and that we needed to learn the difference and eat accordingly. With cholesterol and fats there are good and bad LDLs and fats.

When using oils for cooking I ensure I'm using oils with a high smoke point to avoid the creation of carcinogens. So I use Rice Bran oil or Avocado oil. For baking I use Coconut Oil in place of butter.
adwlp57
New Member!
MD USA
adwlp57 is female 

30-08-2018, 03:25 AM

agree w you - good for you!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 08:10 AM

three of me mates all died from coconut oil recently - they were all standing underneath a coconut tree on Xmas Island when - plop;plop and plop - the tree will be sawn down next week in retribution!
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 06:32 PM

I add coconut flour to the high protein bread I make to help balance my blood sugar. I've heard a lot of good things about it. Can we believe anything we read? Here in the U.S. for a while eggs were good for us. Then they were bad, then they were good again, etc.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 06:45 PM

I couldn't live without my coconut oil. I get it in the jar. I even use it after I brush my teeth. I love the feel after brushing my teeth and I think it whitens them a bit.

It is wonderful to rub on the skin....

Every home should have a jar of coconut oil..
...I kid you not.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I couldn't live without my coconut oil. I get it in the jar. I even use it after I brush my teeth. I love the feel after brushing my teeth and I think it whitens them a bit.

It is wonderful to rub on the skin....

Every home should have a jar of coconut oil..
...I kid you not.
Oh me too Blue. I use it as a pre poo since my hairs quite dry and I use it on my skin all the time. It’s great on teeth and does help whiten them.

Another thing it’s great for is naturally suppressing the appetite so it is exceptionally beneficial for those trying to lose weight.
I wouldn’t be without my coconut oil either.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 04:44 AM

Bratti, do you put it on your hair "before" you shampoo or after?
Also, how do you use it to suppress the appetite?

I buy these Wafer Rolls for a treat. They are so delicious, inside is coconut. YUMMY....Sometime I invite a few friends in for tea and I serve these. I get them at Winners, but I don't know where else they are. They are European. I usually buy 3 or 4 tins at a time, they are $5.00 a tin, but so lovely to serve to company and I have a lot of friends that love to come..

Do you have a Winners near you? They have a specialty section and I love trying new things, but these are my favourite so far.

wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

14-09-2018, 04:46 AM

PS: Do you buy the coconut oil in the jar or do you us the oil? Or both?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

15-09-2018, 03:52 AM

I rub it in my hands and then plunk it in the ends of my hair every morning and every night. Before I shampoo I add some more to my hair while it ‘s dry and then wash my hair.

Coconut oil is one of the very few oils than soak into the cuticle of the hair shaft so it gets absorbed; most oils just sit on top making the hair greasy.

My curly locks need coconut oil otherwise my hair looks like a frizzy hot mess

The biscuits look lovely.

I get my coconut oil by the tub from Costco. It’s the Kirkland brand and it’s awesome. It’s either just over $20 or just under . I can’t remember . Here’s a pic

To suppress the appetitive you use a teaspoon or two to a cup of warm / hot water . You drink it before it cools. Since coconut oil is solid at room temperature the oil will start to harden once the water cools. It not only works but it lowers bad cholesterol as well.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	39C034BF-4DF9-4B95-A6D4-0BD9D16FD0DB.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	7257  

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top