Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 08:08 PM

Re: Come on England!

I have just watched the 'super over'. (I was watching our recording).

An hour ago, I thought England had had it.

A minute ago, I was almost peeing myself! (But I didn't.)

I can't believe how close this was - down to the last ball. Archer must have been under such pressure.

Well, England won and, as I said earlier, I'm going to toast their success with a tot of Laphroaig.

Having said that, the New Zealanders certainly deserved to win as well.

To be honest, I'd have accepted a draw.

Congratulations to BOTH teams.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Oh my GOODNESS!!!!!
I don't even like cricket..
But WHAT A FINAL
You and me both. I was flicking between the tennis and the cricket - both excellent games. The cricket was actually exciting. That's something I would never find myself saying normally, but the tension at the end of the match before the super over decider when Stokes hit that six and put England back in contention was palpable.

Well done England and well played to both teams.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 10:21 PM

That just has to be the most thrilling finish to any cricket match I've ever seen. I didn't know about the boundaries rule. I thought we were going to win on wickets taken but never mind it was great!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 11:05 PM

It's always a shame after such a tight game, just like the tennis final, that someone has to lose. I'd be quite happy for both teams to share the trophy, but in a winner takes all situation that is not possible. New Zealand should be very proud, they played in a sporting and determined way.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by john ->
it's always a shame after such a tight game, just like the tennis final, that someone has to lose. I'd be quite happy for both teams to share the trophy, but in a winner takes all situation that is not possible. New zealand should be very proud, they played in a sporting and determined way.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
It's always a shame after such a tight game, just like the tennis final, that someone has to lose. I'd be quite happy for both teams to share the trophy, but in a winner takes all situation that is not possible. New Zealand should be very proud, they played in a sporting and determined way.
It must be particularly galling for New Zealand to find out that England had been mistakenly awarded an extra run at a crucial time. All credit to them for not making a fuss.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top