Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 12:11 AM

Re: Personalised number plates

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->

I’ll leave Emjay or Carol to answer what sort of person they think I am.
I've met Jazzi. She's down to earth & friendly & hasn't got a grain of vanity in her body..

To add a bit more to the theory that personal number plates means 'Look at me' I totally disagree.

It's no different to wearing designer clothes, sporting tattoos or dyeing ones hair a stupid colour.

If I saw a number plate with my name somehow incorporated in it I would probably put it on my Christmas request list just for the novelty of having it.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
My daughter has one on her mini cooper & her hubby has one on his Range Rover.

I don't think t's anything to do with being 'fond of themselves' They're both lovely people.

I think it's when you've got too much money & you don't know what to do with it!!
Haha. Good answer.
I have no idea cause I don’t have too much money.
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 09:32 AM

Driving on the M3 back in the 1980s I was passed by a Rolls Royce with the reg No OBO110X
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 11:20 AM

One of our clients. Had HRH 2
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I have a personalised plate...a 50th birthday present to myself and it went straight on to the car I bought from new 6 months later. As it looks like any normal plate, with the same set of letters and numbers, it doesn’t stand out like a sore thumb, but is completely personal to me. Why? Well, why not? It’s one thing I am very proud of and will retain for as long as I am driving.

I’ll leave Emjay or Carol to answer what sort of person they think I am.
Yes Jazzi is OK. Fairly intelligent and can fly aeroplanes.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 05:48 PM

Thank you Art, Carol, and oh Emjay...I think! . OK? Lol.

I have a nephew who dresses in designer clothes and loves high end cars. I believe his sons share his sartorial tastes. It’s their money...if they can afford it, fine. With my ‘investment’ I have no need to add to it or spend more money, to enjoy, unless there comes a time I need a new car.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 07:19 PM

Why of why do some members think I'm having a personal dig at them about this subject? Is it because they are now able to see that having a personalised number plate with their name on is narcissistic and drawing attention to themselves (which it of course is)?
Or perhaps is it because on this forum there will always be the same people who are on the defensive about the slightest nudge to their egos?
Come on folks, it's called conversation. That's all. No harm meant!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Jazzi, We all spend our money in different ways and no one should feel bad for purchasing something they like. If it makes us happy, great!
You only come this way once.
Agreed .....

Frankly, I've never been one for buying and wearing clothes with the names of football clubs or pop groups on them but I wouldn't take issue with those who do .....

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top