Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2019, 10:46 AM

Please..Please!!.

Can someone reccomend to me a decent tea bag..they must be decaf .

I have been up and down the tea aisle in supermarkets,more times than I care to remember.

At the moment I am drinking Yorkshire tea...I must have strong tea..it seems to have lost its strength ,as I have to put 3bags into my mug...even then,sometimes it's not strong enough.

What are they putting into these teabags..is it tea dust?
I long for a strong mug of tea.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2019, 10:49 AM

Re: Please..Please!!.

I did watch a programme ( think I watch too much TV) and it was said

Pour boiling water over tea bag and leave for 5 full minutes dont take it out before
Only then is the tea at its strongest and best

I drink Yorkshire tea too
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2019, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I did watch a programme ( think I watch too much TV) and it was said

Pour boiling water over tea bag and leave for 5 full minutes dont take it out before
Only then is the tea at its strongest and best

I drink Yorkshire tea too

I have done that,Susan,the problem with that is,after 5minutes,I don't like the taste...tea for me,has to be "boiling hot"
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2019, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have done that,Susan,the problem with that is,after 5minutes,I don't like the taste...tea for me,has to be "boiling hot"
Take the teabag out after the five minutes and try putting the mug of tea in the microwave for one minute. No idea what the taste would be as I have never tried it but all you would be doing is to heat the liquid, worth a try though I would have thought. I often do that with coffee to warm it up if left and has gone cold and that works alright with no change to the taste.

There are also two different types of Yorkshire tea, one the usual type but another for 'hard water' areas, the difference I know nothing about or how it works. Living where you do the water is I expect soft, the type for harder water areas may have the desired results.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2019, 11:13 AM

I use Red Label.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

06-10-2019, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Take the teabag out after the five minutes and try putting the mug of tea in the microwave for one minute. No idea what the taste would be as I have never tried it but all you would be doing is to heat the liquid, worth a try though I would have thought. I often do that with coffee to warm it up if left and has gone cold and that works alright with no change to the taste.

There are also two different types of Yorkshire tea, one the usual type but another for 'hard water' areas, the difference I know nothing about or how it works. Living where you do the water is I expect soft, the type for harder water areas may have the desired results.

I have tried that..I don't like the taste.after it's been in the microwave...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

06-10-2019, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I use Red Label.

I have as well.just not strong enough...for me.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2019, 11:55 AM

To be honest, i do not think tea is supposed to have a very strong flavour. If people want strong then they opt for coffee.

I use Tetley tea bags and they are strong for me. One thing i have noticed though is the difference in strength of the tea based on the quality of the water used. I have used tap water, filtered tap water and bottled water from the supermarket and they all give a differently quality in the strength and taste of the tea.

I use filtered tap water for now.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

06-10-2019, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
To be honest, i do not think tea is supposed to have a very strong flavour. If people want strong then they opt for coffee.

I use Tetley tea bags and they are strong for me. One thing i have noticed though is the difference in strength of the tea based on the quality of the water used. I have used tap water, filtered tap water and bottled water from the supermarket and they all give a differently quality in the strength and taste of the tea.

I use filtered tap water for now.

Coffee has been what I have been opting for lately,Dodge...I used to love tea..it was like treacle..not anymore...
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2019, 12:53 PM

Have you tried Whittards? They must sell a large range of different teas.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top