Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Caprikid
New Member!
United Kingdom
Caprikid is male 

19-10-2019, 11:27 PM

Re: Ford Capri

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I now have a BMW, and a Honda motorcycle, as side issues, that is enough, for the moment.
Yes that's plenty to be going on with 😉 how do you find your BMW ? Has it been good to you? I know lots of people that swear by them but mine was always needing sensors 🙁 however it was a nice car to drive .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 08:39 PM

I had one in red.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Caprikid ->
Wow !! That's a nice looking transit? Pity you don't have it locked away in a garage some where it would be worth a small fortune. My favourite ford engine has to be the pinto they are so easy to work on and tune up I can change the timing belt in around ten minutes try doing that with a modern car !! But most of all they are ultra reliable as long as you change the oil regularly. I fitted electronic ignition to mine as the points and condensers you buy these days are poor quality so the electronic ignition is the best bet .

I would love to put up a photo of my capri on here but I just can't seem to download it on this site.
Just seen it on your profile page.... Nice!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Caprikid ->
Yes that's plenty to be going on with 😉 how do you find your BMW ? Has it been good to you? I know lots of people that swear by them but mine was always needing sensors 🙁 however it was a nice car to drive .
It Is a design classic, gear change a bit notchy, but, loads of power, will be worth a mint when we go all electric
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2019, 12:36 PM

It Is a design classic, gear change a bit notchy, but, loads of power, will be worth a mint when we go all electric
How will he run it? A new thread perhaps.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2019, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
How will he run it? A new thread perhaps.

There will be fuel, some sort of substitute probably, and will be £20.00+ a gallon, but that won't matter with the nominal mileages this type of vehicle does at the moment, let alone in the future.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

21-10-2019, 04:38 PM

There will be fuel, some sort of substitute probably, and will be £20.00+ a gallon, but that won't matter with the nominal mileages this type of vehicle does at the moment, let alone in the future.
I did wonder what would happen to the classics and thought they might become worthless, but as you say, it is predicted that they will become very valuable.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top