Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 11:37 PM

Re: Grandchildren

I love both my children and my grandchildren equally but with a different kind of love, if that makes sense.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 11:45 PM

With all the possible stuff going on, why rejoice in new generations, lambs to the slaughter, comes to mind.
The rejoicers seem self centered.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I love both my children and my grandchildren equally but with a different kind of love, if that makes sense.
Yes, it does, your kids when young you are stuck with, but Grandkids can be given back.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Yes, it does, your kids when young you are stuck with, but Grandkids can be given back.
Yes Tiff, that's true.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 12:38 AM

I have 8 grandchildren, seven grandthugs who live locally and their ages range from 5 to 24years old.
I have one granddaughter who is the youngest at 15 months. She lives in Australia and l have seen her once when my son and his partner brought her to England to spend Christmas with me and the rest of my family last year.

With my own five children and my grandchildren, l am very laid back and make sure there is lots of laughter. If you can laugh at yourself, it makes life less stressful.
I am however very strict where good behaviour and good manners are concerned. With my grandchildren, l will not let go of what l am offering them until l hear the words, Please and Thank You. I cannot abide bad manners.

I have to admit as much as l love my grandchildren, my own children are my life and l love them more than anything.
My grandchildren belong to their parents but l am always there if they need me.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 05:05 AM

Hi

I have no Grandchildren, neither of my kids want them.

I have Pretendies, my cleaners and my lodgers kids.

I love it, great fun and they keep me young.

I am English Grandad, they have ice cream for breakfast and we go hunting frogs etc.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 05:48 AM

I envy you all your little ones (in a good way, of course ) It was so many years and so many hurdles to jump to adopt. I just hope that just maybe....one of these days...when the time is right...that the next generation might not be as difficult in coming along .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I envy you all your little ones (in a good way, of course ) It was so many years and so many hurdles to jump to adopt. I just hope that just maybe....one of these days...when the time is right...that the next generation might not be as difficult in coming along .
Hi

Losing your DNA is hard to accept, for whatever reason.

It is the end of the line.

We are no longer in the Gene Pool.

It is not the end of the World Surfermum.

You are making the World a better place by passing on your beliefs, intelligence and abilities to those you have adopted.

They will do well and be an asset to the World.

That is all we can do.

I have no Grandkids, I have the Pretendies, Jakob and Nadi.

Lovely kids,kind and polite, but love their McDonalds.

Jakob is older but smaller, Autistic and physically disabled

Nadi is going through Puberty, a strange time, I can vividly remember my daughter doing the same.

An older boy decided to grab Nadis Boobs and have a feel.

Nadi was very upset, first time it had happened.

Jakob just sunk his teeth into the much older and stronger boys arm.

Job done, so proud of him.

You have gone one step further Surfermom with adopting.

You should be so so proud of yourself, but knowing you, you will not be.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 08:50 AM

I don't have any children of my own.
I acquired two stepdaughters 21 years ago when I got married who I love like they are my own daughters. They don't call me 'Dad" though as they still have their own dad.
When the grandkids came along, they are like having children to watch grow up and I love it. That almost makes up for not having natural blood relatives and I am "Grandad" to them.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That's how I feel too Mags.

My elder grandson is getting married in April - I can't believe I am old enough to have a married grandson! Perhaps there will be great-grandchildren too eventually - I know I'm definitely too young for those

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top