Join for free
Page 17 of 21 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 12:46 PM

Re: barnier the begging clown

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Who says we wish the downfall of the eu Swimmy?
We merely wish to leave the club?
And as Bread says, its quite likely it will collapse anyway? So it is
in our interests to leave BEFORE this happens, dont you think??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Donks, I know you think it too good to believe, but you already left. You're out.

The rumbling you now hear is simply the noise that is normal in trade negotiations. You hear similar eruptions about chlorinated chicken, hormone pumped beef, genetic modified corn etc from usa negotiations.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The EU will remain our biggest single trading partner when we leave at the end of this year.

If it collapses that will have a financial effect on the UK.

We cannot stay part of it, we must uphold the decision of the ordinary voter to Leave.

Times have changed, the whole world is heading into recession and the UK is not immune.

Should we back down?

No.

Wishing that the EU will collapse is not in our Financial Interests.

It is an act of self harm.
The EU itself will remain an important trade partner after you have left. But you also lose trade with other parties that you had based on the membership.

For instance, just to keep your trade with japan, you now have to negotiate your own deal.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52960677
UK to start post-Brexit trade talks with Japan

Without a new deal by 1 January 2021 the two countries will default to World Trade Organization trading terms.
That would mean tariffs and obstacles to commerce between the UK and its fourth-largest non-EU trading partner.

(I wonder whether the japanese let themselves forced into signing a deal before 31 december 2020)
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The EU itself will remain an important trade partner after you have left. But you also lose trade with other parties that you had based on the membership.

For instance, just to keep your trade with japan, you now have to negotiate your own deal.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52960677
UK to start post-Brexit trade talks with Japan

Without a new deal by 1 January 2021 the two countries will default to World Trade Organization trading terms.
That would mean tariffs and obstacles to commerce between the UK and its fourth-largest non-EU trading partner.

(I wonder whether the japanese let themselves forced into signing a deal before 31 december 2020)

Firstly, we do not trade with the EU, we trade with the member states. As far as Japan is concerned, we will have a much broader trade relationship than what the EU has failed to ratify with them. Don't kid yourself you have all these free trade deals with Japan, Singapore, Canada, MERCUSOR etc - you don't. They aren't completed or ratified - as I've pointed out on many occasions.

Should the UK trade on WTO terms, its no big deal - not to us, but for the EU it would be a complete catastrophe as JBR pointed out earlier with the 50 billion hole France will find itself with and the 10% tarrifs on the 800,000 German cars we import, that will well and truly shaft Germanys economy.

UK exports to the EU are about 7.5% of our GDP - now go educate yourself.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Firstly, we do not trade with the EU, we trade with the member states. As far as Japan is concerned, we will have a much broader trade relationship than what the EU has failed to ratify with them. Don't kid yourself you have all these free trade deals with Japan, Singapore, Canada, MERCUSOR etc - you don't. They aren't completed or ratified - as I've pointed out on many occasions.

Should the UK trade on WTO terms, its no big deal - not to us, but for the EU it would be a complete catastrophe as JBR pointed out earlier with the 50 billion hole France will find itself with and the 10% tarrifs on the 800,000 German cars we import, that will well and truly shaft Germanys economy.

UK exports to the EU are about 7.5% of our GDP - now go educate yourself.
Hello Bread, just in case You were interested in updating Your knowledge, here is what I found about the EU-JAPAN FTA:

"On 20 December 2018, the EU Council approved the agreement, following approval by a large majority in the European Parliament on 12 December 2018. The trade agreement entered into force on 1 February 2019."

Taken from: https://www.bmwi.de/Redaktion/EN/Art...ent-japan.html

Best regards
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Hello Bread, just in case You were interested in updating Your knowledge, here is what I found about the EU-JAPAN FTA:

"On 20 December 2018, the EU Council approved the agreement, following approval by a large majority in the European Parliament on 12 December 2018. The trade agreement entered into force on 1 February 2019."

Taken from: https://www.bmwi.de/Redaktion/EN/Art...ent-japan.html

Best regards
Its not ratified / complete

There are still tarrifs on Japanese car imports, for example
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 04:16 PM

No, it's neither ratified nor complete until each of the member states Parliaments have agreed to sign up to it. Otherwise, why is Barnier still trying to block us from having some of exactly the same articles written into our FTA with the EU?

I've just finished catching up on this threat and I must say that Swimmy, Shroppy, JBR, and Bread, have put up some brilliant points.

As far as fishing grounds around the UK go, I've seen this attachment being used in many on-line newspaper articles when they have been discussing exclusive economic zones of the UK and neighbouring coastal states:

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brexit-fishing-map.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	12887  
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 04:23 PM

Yes You wrote that. I will have to verify that they are not complete. If that is true, do You think that is "not having an FTA"?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

09-06-2020, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Yes You wrote that. I will have to verify that they are not complete. If that is true, do You think that is "not having an FTA"?

Yes because its not complete.

The EU are still imposing tarrifs
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
As far as fishing grounds around the UK go, I've seen this attachment being used in many on-line newspaper articles when they have been discussing exclusive economic zones of the UK and neighbouring coastal states:
Interesting, but I wonder if you or anyone else can answer a question.
Our waters in the Channel appear to recede off Belgium almost up to our coast at Dover, whereas in the rest of the Channel (except at the Channel Islands) it is half-way between us and the European mainland.
Perhaps it's a slight inaccuracy in the map but, if not, why should there exist this small anomaly?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

10-06-2020, 02:15 AM

Yes because its not complete.

The EU are still imposing tarrifs
Is that an argument to say there is no fta? Doesn't it depend on what both parties agree to cover in their fta? It is possible to exclude certain products from a fta. For instance the EU japan fta doesn't cover cars. Hence under wto conditions there are tariffs..

Page 17 of 21 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top