Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2016, 07:36 PM

Re: Ornamental Clutter In Cars! What's In Yours?

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
By far, the worst "ornamental clutter" in cars would be pets !

I don't care if they are restrained or not - they are a distraction - and as such, they cause accidents.
They move around, they wee, they scratch, they slobber, they bark, they whine, whatever .... and the driver looks around to see what's wrong - CRASH !
And a person (perhaps a child) dies.

Drivers should have to get a permit to have a dog in a vehicle - per trip.
Going to the vet, moving house etc, OK.
Other than that, a big fine.
Obviously you do not have a dog.
I have had a few in my time, and when in the car they were well behaved.
I have never had any of those problems that you mention.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2016, 07:41 PM

You might not have. Others do.
You have never, ever, looked around to see what the mut is doing ? Sorry, I don't believe it.
And how do you know that your pet has never distracted other drivers ?
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2016, 07:59 PM

You might not have. Others do.
You have never, ever, looked around to see what the mut is doing ? Sorry, I don't believe it.
And how do you know that your pet has never distracted other drivers ?
Well of course they have distracted other drivers and their passengers.
Being such beautiful creatures, it was no wonder that they were admired by people on the road.
I must admit that the Jack Russels hated motor cyclist and would bark and tell them to clear off. No distraction for me.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2016, 09:07 PM

Why should a dog that is correctly and safely harnessed in a vehicle be any more of a distraction than a child or a baby in a car seat?
elle7
us
elle7 is female 

05-08-2016, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by emjay ->
well of course they have distracted other drivers and their passengers.
Being such beautiful creatures, it was no wonder that they were admired by people on the road.
I must admit that the jack russels hated motor cyclist and would bark and tell them to clear off. No distraction for me.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2016, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Why should a dog that is correctly and safely harnessed in a vehicle be any more of a distraction than a child or a baby in a car seat?
Good question.
Children and babies we have to put up with - even if they distract drivers and sometimes cause accidents killing other people's children or babies.
Dogs, except for the instances I cited, society does not have to put up with.

Besides, few people these days would leave a child unrestrained but I see a lot of dog heads poking out of car windows.

Also, restrained or not, a large dog can lean forward and bark in your ear or emit foul fumes to rival rotten egg gas.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2016, 11:10 PM

Pummy my dear - you get worse,,
I didn't think it was possible, but you have proved me wrong.

clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2016, 11:18 PM

Good question.
Children and babies we have to put up with - even if they distract drivers and sometimes cause accidents killing other people's children or babies.
Dogs, except for the instances I cited, society does not have to put up with.

Besides, few people these days would leave a child unrestrained but I see a lot of dog heads poking out of car windows.

Also, restrained or not, a large dog can lean forward and bark in your ear or emit foul fumes to rival rotten egg gas.
Few people here would not leave their dogs unrestrained either, unless of course they are happy to pay a fine of 200 euros or more. As for foul fumes, youīve obviously never had a baby still in nappies in your car, and, of course babies donīt bark in your ear but babies and kids can make an awful lot of noise, crying, screaming, etc etc. Not a lot of difference really is there?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2016, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Few people here would not leave their dogs unrestrained either, unless of course they are happy to pay a fine of 200 euros or more. As for foul fumes, youīve obviously never had a baby still in nappies in your car, and, of course babies donīt bark in your ear but babies and kids can make an awful lot of noise, crying, screaming, etc etc. Not a lot of difference really is there?

I am tempted to go as far as guessing Pummy has been known to make his own foul fumes on occasions too!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

05-08-2016, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I am tempted to go as far as guessing Pummy has been known to make his own foul fumes on occasions too!
It wouldnīt be much of a guess Mups, itīs one of those things that men like to boast about isnīt it? Then of course there are those men who always blame the dog

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top